and a killer queen you are

It was early evening when Zayn flicked his bedroom lights on and off to get Harry's attention. Until about an hour ago, the two had spent their entire day together at the lake. They had just now been separated for an hour, as Trisha called Zayn in, demanding that he take a shower as the boys had been swimming all day.

Earlier, while Harry and Zayn were out, Anne was packing the house with the help of Yaser and Trisha into the U-Haul she had rented to attach to the back of her car.

On. Off.

On for two seconds.

Then off.

As soon as Harry noticed it, he got up from his bed and pulled his window open.

"You're acting like I'm disappearing forever," he smiled, rolling his eyes, watching Zayn from his window, who was now forcing fake pouty lips.

"I'm acting like that?" Zayn doubled back. "If anything, you're the one acting like that!"

"Okay well," Sighing, Harry smiled. "Well! It's not like I have the driving skills you have. Let alone to drive for hours,"

Quickly, Zayn interjected. "I'll come to you. What's stopping me?"

"I- Nothing is stopping you," he said softly. "Nothing,"

"Then it's settled," Zayn said. "It's not like I won't see you,"

"Then it's settled," Harry repeated with a nod, watching his boyfriends hazel eyes from his bedroom window. "It's not like you won't see me,"

"So can I come over there now?" Zayn questioned. "You keep looking at me. Do you want something from me?"

Nodding slowly, Harry mouthed the three letters. "Yes,"

Without another word, Zayn closed his window and trailed out of his bedroom door. In minutes, Harry could hear his back door opening.

"Oh, Zayn!" Harry heard his Mum's voice from the kitchen. Anne had caught his boyfriend before he could.

"Hi Anne," Zayn spoke. "How are you? Done packing?"

"Almost done. Just little bits and bobs here and there. The rest we'll just take with us in the car," Anne sighed. "If Harry wasn't spending all of his time with you, we would've been done ages ago!"

"Well, if you must know, I was just going upstairs to help him!"

"You were, huh?" Harry could hear the sarcastic suspicion growing in his Mum's voice.

"Wasn't I, Harry?" Zayn called from the kitchen. "I was coming to help you pack!"

"Yes," Harry responded, sitting down on his bed with an eye roll. "He was Mum!"

"Alright boys," Anne said. "You know Zayn," his Mum was starting a new sentence before Zayn could slip upstairs.

"Yeah, Anne?"

"I'm going to miss you a lot,"

To Harry, upstairs, it sounded like a hug. A small sigh coming out of Anne's mouth and a quieter "C'mere Zayn," was all Harry needed to solidify what he thought.

"I'll miss you too Anne," Zayn finally said. "You're a second mother to me,"

"Now! Don't make me cry, love! Go on upstairs, yeah?"

Anne's last words resulted in Harry hearing Zayn's footsteps coming closer and closer until he was in Harry's threshold. Standing in front of Harry, Zyn was wearing soft grey shorts and a red t-shirt. Harry was in heaven.