man, i'm never the same

Harry sat on his and Zayn's bed as he watched Zayn pull a regular sized bag of Cheez-its out of his overnight bag, throwing it onto the bed in front of Harry.

"There," he said firmly. "Don't get crumbs on the bed,"

"No, no," Harry shook his head, smiling as he ripped the top of the bag open. "I'm bringing these down to the lake,"

There were three rooms in the cottage, the master bedroom was always Mrs. Malik and Yaser's, the second bedroom was Anne's and the last one down the hall was always Zayn and Harry's.

Always.

A lot of Harry's memories with Zayn happened in this room.

One year, many years ago, Zayn brought a glow-in-the-dark book about planets up to the cottage, and it came with stickers. Harry was so fascinated with it, he and Zayn stayed up past 9:30 huddled underneath the covers flipping through the pages.

Early the next morning, Harry climbed on Zayn's back as he reached up as far as he could to place each of the stickers on the ceiling. Only one sticker had successfully stayed on the ceiling. The rest of the stickers were put back roughly on the original sheet of paper it had come on.

The book was still under the bed to this day, as well as the practically full sticker sheet.

"Are we going to the lake now?" Zayn asked, leaning over and pulling his shorts off.

Distracted for a moment, Harry mumbled out a quiet, but audible 'yeah.'

"Gimme a second then," Zayn spoke, pulling his navy blue swim shorts out of his overnight bag.

He stumbled into the bathroom and shut the door leaving Harry alone in the room.

Harry still had his mind on what had happened the day his Mum came home, making it so hard to be around Zayn, let alone, later, sleep in the same bed as him.

Slowly, Harry sat up and walked over to his overnight bag, unzipping it and pulling his yellow swim shorts out of the pocket.

He slid his jean shorts down, then his boxers, and stepped into his yellow swim shorts.

Once he had pulled them up, Zayn busted out of the bathroom, looking at his phone intently, smiling.

A high voice blasted from his phone speaker and Harry recognized it immediately.

"We've been at the cottage for a total of ten minutes and you're already calling her?" Harry asked, scoffing as he walked over to Zayn and poked his head in the camera view, waving at Perrie.

"Well damn Harry," Zayn shot Harry a plain glance, Perrie giggling through FaceTime.

"You've got this boy with a lock and key," Harry continued on and Zayn pushed him out of the view, then muted FaceTime.

"Stop Harry," Zayn said firmly. "Just meet me at the lake,"

Harry's smile faded, quickly turning into a frown. "I was just joking around Zayn,"

"Just don't," Zayn spoke, unmuting FaceTime and plastering on a smile. "Sorry, Perrie," he started, his voice changing.

Harry stood there for a moment looking at Zayn in complete shock, while Zayn ignored him as if he wasn't in the room at all.

To show Zayn that Harry was there, he stormed out of the room slamming the door.

Harry began running down the stairs, slowing down towards the bottom, just in case Anne, Yaser or Mrs. Malik noticed.

"Off to the lake," Harry called quickly before making his way out of the cottage and moving down to the lake, jumping in off of the dock.

As he surfaced, he swam as far away from the dock as possible and yelled into the sky.