so come a little closer

Zayn was completely busted. His brain was barely working, he was practically floating on air, Perrie around him trying to keep him out of the water.

Niall and Jade had gone up to Zayn's room without anybody but Harry noticing, and Liam and Louis were on Zayn's lawn by the garden, legs intertwined, gaze locked.

Harry was sat on a pool chair watching the show go down. He pushed his sunglasses up and sipped on his water, watching Perrie talk Zayn down.

It was horrendous.

"Baby," Perrie groaned, sitting beside Zayn at the edge of the pool, her hand secured on his thigh. "Let's get you something to eat, yeah? Should I order something?"

"Order something?" Zayn laughed, completely dazed as he rested his head on Perrie's shoulder. "Let's go to my room,"

"Your room?" Perrie shot Zayn a flat look. "You want to take a nap?" she said sarcastically, gaining a chuckle from Zayn.

"You know what I want," he tilted his head up, looking at Perrie, puckering his lips.

Annoyed, Perrie stood up pulling Zayn up with her and putting him on the pool chair beside Harry.

Harry pushed his sunglasses onto his head, looking at Perrie.

"Does he usually do this?" she asked, Harry, kind of taken aback.

Harry nodded. "Whenever Niall has the stuff, Zayn's the first person out,"

"Damn," Perrie sat down on the end of the pool chair, lifting Zayn's legs putting them on her lap.

"Let me try your sunglasses on Harry," Zayn murmured, reaching for Harry.

Harry pulled his sunglasses off and put them in Zayn's hand, Zayn putting them on.

Zayn turned to Perrie, moving his head to the music Louis has hooked up. "I look quite sexy, don't I?"

"Yes, you do," she said assuringly, patting his leg.

Harry and Perrie sat there, in awkward silence, Louis' music filling the blanks.

"Can I ask you a question?" Harry spoke, after a moment of the two starring out into god knows where.

Perrie beamed at Harry. "Sure,"

"How did this—" Harry motioned between her and Zayn. "—become... This?"

Perrie's cheeks tinted pink and she looked over at Zayn, who was now completely knocked out.

"He hasn't told you?" Perrie questioned, her eyes still on her boyfriend.

Harry shook his head. "Nope," he said. "He's really private about you two,"

This seemed to please Perrie, as she smiled and murmured a soft "Aww."

"Well," Perrie started, sitting up straighter and looking at Harry. "We've kind of been talking on and off since I got to Upper Lake... And TMI, but we've kind of been hooking up for a while now too,"

Harry pursed his lips and widened his eyes. "Oh,"

Perrie moved here about a year ago, hitting it off with everybody at Upper Lake Secondary School almost immediately.

Clearly, she really hit it off with Zayn. 

"Yeah," Perrie giggled. "Anyways, we've always flirted... Obviously... But Zayn would just go the extra mile... Something I've never gotten from guys... Like before, when we weren't official or anything, he'd bring me chocolates when I was on my period... Or flowers just out of the blue..."