6.4

6.4 zoom

"Did you guys see that?" Barry asks

"See him catch a bolt of lightning with his demonic claws?" Cisco asks. "Yeah, saw that."

"Jay was right. He cannot do this alone," Cait says.

"He's not alone," Harry says walking out with a gun. "Run, Barry."

"No. I'm gonna see if Wells' speed-dampening serum works," Barry says through the comms.

"Barry don't be stupid," I whisper, bracing myself from the pain of my powers.

Barry ignores me as he asks Zoom, "What do you want from me?"

"Everything."

"You want to be me? Is that it? You want to be a hero?" Barry asks.

"Heroes die," Zoom answers.

"Only if you can catch them," Barry says and runs, Zoom right after him.

"How is Barry gonna match Zoom's speed?" Caitlin asks.

"Genius. He's not gonna match it. He's gonna take it out of the equation altogether," Cisco says as I look at the screen.

"What are you talking about?" Cait asks.

"Terminal velocity," I breathe out, understanding. "The highest velocity attainable by a falling object."

"Falling through the air?" Cait asks.

"Yeah, freefall fight. Their drag force equals the downward force of gravity, making the net force zero, making..." Cisco trails off.

"-Equal velocities. That is genius," Cait says as we get to work.

We watch Barry and Zoom fight and Barry not being able to get to him. I then hear Barry's bones crack as I say, "No. No, no, no, no, no."

Barry falls to the ground as Harry tries to shoot at Zoom. Zoom catches the shot and says, "Never forget, I am the fastest man alive."

He injects the serum into Barry as he cries out in pain. "He's killing him," Cait says as I start tearing up.

"Barry's gonna be fine," I say trying to convince myself more than others. Not again. Please, Not again.

Zoom then takes Barry's body and runs away. "Anything?" I ask.

"No," Cisco and Cait answer as I kick something in anger.

"Do you have him?" Harry asks running in.

"No."

Suddenly Zoom runs in with Barry. "Barry!" Cait cries out.

"Harrison Wells, you thought you could defeat me... with this?" Zoom asks, taking off Barry's mask. I step in front of Cait and Cisco protectively.