23.1

23.1 angry

"So Zoom wants to race you?" I ask Barry, after he explains what happened when Barry ran after Zoom

"He's obsessed with being the best," Barry simply says.

"Why would we trust him?" Iris asks.

"He just wants to race," Cisco says. "You know, it actually makes sense in a completely-off-your-rocker sort of way."

"That can't be everything he wants," Joe says.

"It isn't," Harry says. "This Magnetar that's being developed by Mercury Labs... Turns out, it can act as a pulsar."

"Whoa," Me and Cisco say in unison.

"What is a pulsar?" Iris asks.

"It's a power amplifier with a highly magnetized, dense rotating core that can be easily weaponized," I explain.

"Nah, that's not dangerous at all," Iris comments.

"That's what happens to Earth-2," Cisco says. "What happens in my vibes is because of this machine."

"That thing is powerful enough to destroy a planet?" Iris asks,

"A lot more than just a planet, if it has the right power source," Harry says.

"Like what?"

"Like me," Barry says. "That's why he wants to race. He wants to siphon the energy I create when I run."

"He wants to siphon the energy off both of you."

"When Jay captured me, he said that he used to measure his success by counting the number of victims he had, but now he was gonna measure it by counting the number of Earths he conquered instead," Caitlin tells us.

"He doesn't want to just destroy Earth-2; he wants to take out every other planet in the multiverse," I say.

"How many are there?" Cait asks.

"Infinite," Harry answers.

"Yeah, well, he can do that?" Jesse asks.

"If he can create a breach to Earth-2 all on his own..." Joe trails off.

"He can get to all of 'em."

"One pulse to destroy them all," Cisco says.

" I guess I don't have a choice," Barry says. "I have to race him. And I have to win."

🔥⚡️

We watch Barry slowly wake up from his spot in the pipeline meta cell. We had locked him in their, unable to stop him from racing.

"Wha... What are you doing?" Barry asks, looking at all of us. "Why did you put me in here?"

"Because you're too angry right now," Joe says. "You can't race him like that. Without a plan, you're... You'll lose."