13.2

13.2 tess morgan

I look at the address Harry gave me and then lower it to look at the house I'm standing in front of

I look at the address Harry gave me and then lower it to look at the house I'm standing in front of. I sigh, looking at it.

You can do this. You can do it. Come on, you have been through so much. You got this. Walk.

I will myself to walk and then ring the doorbell. I hear shuffling from the other side and then the door opens to reveal a man I never thought I would see again.

"Eddie?"

🔥⚡️

"Eddie?" I say in shock at the man standing in front of me at the door.

"Hi. Do I know you?" He asks.

"Uh, No. I've just- you looked like an Eddie. Um- Is Tess Morgan here?" I ask.

"Not currently, but she'll be here soon. Would you like to come in?" He asks, making some room next to him. I nod as I walk in.

"Have a seat. Would you like some water?" He asks.

"Uh no. But thank you," I say, sitting down on a easy chair. He nods and then sits down across from me on the couch. "I- I'm Olivia."

"Eddie," He responds, looking at me suspiciously. "How do you know Tess?"

"I used to know her a while ago. She was a good friend of my parents. How do you know her?" I ask.

"I- I'm her adopted child," Eddie says, shocking me further.

"You- You are?" I ask.

"Yeah. My parents died when I was younger and Tess took me in," Eddie says.

"Oh. W-wow. I didn't know she adopted anyone," I say.

"Mm-hmm," Eddie says as we fall into an uncomfortable silence.

Suddenly the front door opens and Eddie gets up, me following. A woman steps inside, her hair cut short a purse in her hands. She smiles at Eddie as she closes the door, putting her purse down.

"Mom, we have a guest," Eddie tells her as I give a tight smile. The woman turns over to me and freezes, her smile dropping.

Her hands start shaking and she starts breathing heavily. Eddie is over by her side quickly. "Mom, are you okay? Hey, hey, you're fine."

She starts taking deep breaths as she calms down. "I- I'm fine Eddie. Can I speak to her alone?" She finally tells him. When Eddie doesn't move she says, "Eddie go."

Eddie sighs and walks out of the house. The woman looks at me again and sits down. "Who are you?" She asks and I freeze.

"I- M- It's me. It's Olivia. I- Your Olivia. M- Mom?" I ask.

"No. My Olivia died a long time ago," She says.

"Mom. It's me. It's your Olivia," I say, sitting down next to her. I grab her hand and put it on my cheek as tears spill. "Mom. It's me."