7.1

7.1 talking gorillas

"Oh, hey, I know I keep asking, but have you read any reports or anything recently about a Birdman attacking anywhere?" Cisco asks

Me and Cait share a look before I say, "There's no such thing as a Birdman, Cisco."

"Okay, like that's a stretch," Cisco says. "In this city? Look, I know what I vibed. It was a man with these big, wide wings. It was crazy."

"What if it was an angel?" I ask as we both chuckle.

"It was an angel," Cisco says. "Caitlin? Okay, come on, like that's a crazy idea."

Caitlin just turns around and punches Cisco. He falls to the ground as I go to help him. "Ah! What is wrong with you?" He yells as Cait leaves.

We both share a look before we head to the Cortex. We see Barry there and I ask, "Did Caitlin come through here?"

"No," Barry answers.

I curse as Cisco says, "She just hit me in the face and ran away."

"Yo! Grodd!" Joe yells running in.

"What?" Me and Cisco ask in unison.

"Grodd's back," Joe says.

"Caitlin. That must be why she was acting like that," I say.

"She was being mind-controlled," Cisco adds as he goes through the security cameras.

We watch Caitlin walk out of the building, Grodd following her. We all quickly run out to see no one there.

🔥⚡️

"I'm continually amazed by the similarity between our two worlds," Harry says.

"You got talking gorillas on your Earth, too?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah," He answers.

"Remind me never to go there," Joe comments.

"Ramon, why would this Grodd abduct Dr. Snow?" Harry asks.

"I don't know. It doesn't make any sense," Cisco says. "She was always so nice to him."

"He mind-controlled two lab technicians to steal chemicals that enhance intelligence. He wants her for something," Joe says.

"Well, looks like he left his bachelor pad in the sewers," Cisco says.

"Grodd's a big-ass gorilla. He can't just waltz through downtown in the middle of the day without anybody noticing," Joe suggests.

"Right, and if there's been sightings, then we might be able to approximate his location," Harry says.

"I can call CCPD. They can access the tip hotline, send over files of Grodd's recent attacks," Joe says.

"Good," Harry replies.

"We gotta get her back," I say.

"We will."

Me, Harry and Cisco walk out as I say, "This is all my fault. I should've figured it out and gotten to her."

"Hey, as long as we find her now, it won't matter," Cisco tells me as I nod.

"I may have something that may help."

🔥⚡️

I walk into my workroom and search every cupboard and drawer for the tablet that connects to the tracker I put on Grodd last time. Come on. Where are you? I find it in a drawer and sigh in relief, I go to grab it when it all completely falls apart.

"No," I cry. "Come on!" I kick the table out in frustration as I head out of my workroom, defeated. I suddenly bump onto Barry's chair and fall.

Barry catches me before I do and helps me up. "You okay?" He asks.

"I'm fine," I say and run a hand through my hair. "I found a lead and then it fell apart, quite literally-" I look over to see Henry standing next to Barry watching us with a smile. "Henry!" I say as I go over to hug him.

"Liv!" He chuckles.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as we pull away.

"Iris called me. I came to see Barry," Henry says. "Everything alright?"

"Yeah," I say. "Um- I will let the two of you talk and I will see you later." I give Barry a quick kiss before leaving.

Before turning a corner, I hear Barry chuckle after Henry laughs, saying, "Finally!"

🔥⚡️

I walk into Cisco's workroom as I shake my head at Cisco and Harry. Harry sighs in defeat and then asks, "So how did Grodd become sentient?"

"A few years ago, S.T.A.R. Labs had this contract with the military to research and awaken latent mind-reading capabilities for interrogation purposes," I explain.

"And I'm guessing Grodd is one of the test subjects?" Harry asks.

"Right, but then Dr. Wells shut down the program, and we all thought it was to save Grodd from all the crazy mind-control experiments, but it was really so that Dr. Wells could use the accelerator explosion to create a 1,500-pound mind-controlling gorilla that he could manipulate," Cisco explains as we walk over to Harry.

"What kind of algorithm is that?" Cisco asks as we look at the screen.

"It's an algorithm meant to extrapolate Grodd's location from places we know he's already been," Harry explains.

Suddenly the algorithm shows a location. "Hello. There we have it," Harry says.

 There we have it," Harry says