11.0

11.0 time line remnant

"What you got for me, Cisco?" Barry asks through the comms

"You've been playing Good Samaritan all morning. Take a break," Cisco says.

"Let him Cisco. He needs it. Zoom is light years faster than Barry... probably literally," I say.

"'We cannot afford to waste any more time," Harry sighs.

"What, 'cause we've just been sipping Mai Tais since you got here?" Cisco asks.

"I don't know what you been sipping since I got here, but Barry needs to get better, stronger, faster," Harry says. "We need to train to prepare for Zoom."

"Oh, I see. You haven't had your coffee this morning. I had my coffee this morning," Cisco says grabbing his coffee.

"Don't slurp," Harry says as Cisco does the opposite. "Don't. Don't. Don't."

I chuckle but when he keeps slurping I say, "Okay Seriously, stop."

Suddenly the alarm goes off and he says, "Runaway chemical transport truck heading south on Kester."

"On it...... Hey, I can't stop the truck! Somebody rigged it!"

"You can't let that truck crash. If you do, you'll take out a whole city block," Cisco says.

"Great. Thank you. Thank you for that," Barry says, sarcastically.

"Oh, and the plot thickens. Uh, dead-end up ahead. You got to get out of there!" Cisco informs.

"Oh, come on."

Harry looks at me. "You're up," He says. I smirk and teleport into my suit, and then teleport in front of the truck. I'm far away from it but I can see it coming towards me.

I then use my force field to create a thin layer against the truck. I push the air the opposite way the truck was going, the force slowing it down. It slows down, breaking down in the process.

"Yes!" I exclaim. Barry runs out of the truck over to me.

"That one was a little close," Barry tells me. He leans forward and gives me a kiss, it being a bit hard due to our masks.

"Nice!" I hear Cisco say.

"You were great," Barry tells me and I smile.

"I was wasn't I?"

Barry chuckles. "Yes, you were amazing," He says, and smirks. He opens his mouth and I smile knowing what he's about to say. "How about we-"

"Guys, we need you back here stat," Cisco says.

"All right. We're on our way." So much for hot superhero sex.

🔥⚡️

"He better not be pulling a Juliet," Cisco says as we all give him a look. "Yeah, that's right. I see plays."

"He's dead, Cisco," Cait says, looking at the Turtle.

"How'd this happen?" I ask.

"Preliminary brain scan shows an acute brain aneurysm," Cait explains.

"The night we captured him," Jay concludes. "How's that for timing?"

"What does that mean?" Harry asks. "You think I did this, Garrick? This man is the key to us stopping Zoom, the key to me saving my daughter. Why would I want that?"

Never understood why you do anything, Harrison," Jay says.

"That's fine with me, Garrick," Harry retorts.

"Guys, look. We need to figure out how to stop Zoom," Barry says. "Everything we've tried so far has failed. We need to start thinking outside the box. I mean, we haven't even figured out how to close the breaches yet. Maybe that's where we should start."

"That's a good idea. I'll get on that," Harry says.

"I'll help," Cisco adds.

"I've got to get to the CCPD. I'll check in with you guys later," Barry says, giving me a kiss before leaving.

🔥⚡️

Eobard Thawne is back.

"You okay, Bar?" Joe asks Barry.

"I'm good, yeah," Barry answers. "It's just a lot."

"Eddie Thawne died, so Eobard Thawne should have been erased out of existence, right?" Joe asks.

"Not necessarily. It's possible Eobard was in the Speed Force, protecting him like a bomb shelter, keeping him alive and his time line intact," I say, referring to what I read in Thawne's journal.

"It's what's known as a "time line remnant" Harry concludes.

"A what now?" Joe asks.

"Here, let me... show you," Harry says and draws a circle. "This? This... is now. Here, today."

He then draws another circle, a line connecting to the first one. "This is the time Thawne comes from," He adds. He then draws another circle.

"This is the moment you all erased him from existence, but since Thawne is from the future, this is where his time line begins. That's why he's still alive," He explains. "This Thawne has not yet traveled back in time to kill Barry's mother. He's here now in this time period for the first time. "Time line remnant."

"Explains why nothing's changed," Cisco says.

"Yeah, it also explains why he didn't know my name or that we have met before," Barry adds.

"To him, you hadn't," I say. "Not until the future."

"If Thawne dies before he can time travel again, will that save Barry's mother?" Joe asks.

"No. That's not how it works. In our time line, Barry's mother is already dead, and her death is a fixed point. Nothing can change that," Harry says.

"All right, well, I'm gonna end this, him, in this time once and for all," Barry says.

"Let's find Dr. McGee, then we'll figure out what to do about Thawne, okay?" Joe asks. "I got to go check on Iris."

"I gotta go," I say looking at my phone.

"Ok," Barry says. I give him a kiss and leave.

 I give him a kiss and leave