11.1

11.1 the future

1 the future

"Dr. McGee is dead?" Caitlin asks.

"Harry and I were trying to hone my powers to find Zoom, and then we ended up using them, finding The Reverse-Flash, and that's when I saw him kill her. And then he left," Cisco says.

"He left? What do you mean, he left?" Barry asks.

"McGee built him some kind of speed machine and he ran into and got flung back to the future," Cisco says.

"You'd need superluminal energy to send someone through time," Harry says.

"You mean like tachyons?" Barry asks.

"Tachyons. We can track their location once they've been activated," I say, turning to the computer.

"Anything?" Barry asks.

"Nothing," I say.

"Cisco, you're sure that's what you saw?" Barry asks.

"I'm positive," He answers.

"All right. What else did you see?" Harry asks.

"There was all sorts of weird tech everywhere. There was a clock,"

"What time did the clock say?" I ask.

"9:52, I think. How... how is that relevant?" Cisco asks.

"It's 6:00 now," Harry says. Cisco suddenly gets up, his chair flying back.

"Are you telling me I can see the future?" Cisco asks.

"That's exactly what we're telling you," Harry says, as we share a smile.

"Those goggles are getting named immediately," Cisco comments.

"But that means Dr. McGee is alive," Caitlin concludes.

"That's right," Harry answers.

"Yeah, okay. We have 3 hours, 52 minutes to find her and stop Reverse-Flash," Barry says. "Let's do it."

🔥⚡️

"No sign of tachyon activity," Harry says.

"We're running out of time. We've got to find them," Barry says.

"It'll take a few minutes for the device to reach full power once it's activated, but when we find it, you're gonna have to get there fast," Cisco says. "Probably better to teleport."

I nod at Cisco and turn back to the computer. Suddenly, a file is dropped into my desk. I look up to see Harry. "What?" I ask.

He looks around and then sits down next to me. "Everything about your mother," He whispers. "Is in this file."

I look at the file and pick it up to read her name in the cover. I look up at him. "Thank you," I say.

He waves me off. "Every kid should get a chance to know their mother," He says quietly, his eyes distant.

"They should," I respond. "Is Jesse like her mother?"

He smiles at a memory. "She is. Beautiful, smart, stubborn. She should've grown up with her" He replies.

"I'm sure she never felt like something was missing with you around," I assure him.

Suddenly the alarm blares, effectively ending our conversation. "Tachyons!" Cisco says. "87th and Avenue J."

I quickly teleport me and Barry their. Once we do, Barry knocks Thawne out of the way as I get break the machine. "That was my way home!" Thawne yells.

"You're not going anywhere," Barry says.

"You haven't won here, Flash. I'll find another way back," Thawne says.

"You're gonna have to get through me first," Barry says.

"You really think you're fast enough to stop me?" Thawne asks.

"Let's find out," Barry retorts.

"Catch me if you can," Thawne says and speeds away. Barry follows after as I teleport back to S.T.A.R. Labs. Getting caught in a speedster fight is the last thing I need right now.

We watch Barry trail after the Reverse Flash and soon, they cross paths.

"This war between us, it ends now!" I hear. Shit.

I move closer to the comms system and say, "Bar, you have to stop! Barry, you can't kill him!" I hear Barry's breathing getting heavier as if he's at a battle with himself. "Barry," I say softly. "Bring him in."

"Get the cell ready."

🔥⚡️

"Hey, he can't...?" Joe trails off.

"Phase his way out?" Cisco asks. "No, he can't do that."

"It's the same cell we used to hold Dr. Wells last year," Cait says.

"Barry, where you going?" Joe asks.

"I'm going down there," Barry says.

"No, you're not. The more he learns about you, the more you will alter the time line," Harry says.

"He killed my mom!" Barry says.

"He's from the future. He hasn't done that yet," I say, trying my best not to agree with Barry.

"He doesn't even know you're The Flash, and you need to keep it that way," Harry's adds.

"You already said that his mother's gonna die no matter what we do," Joe says.

"There's ramifications any time anybody messes with the time line, and it's impossible to predict what those ramifications are going to be," Harry says.

"Barry, you caught him and you stopped him from killing Dr. McGee. In my book, that's a win," Caitlin says.

"This doesn't feel like a win," He says. I run my hand up and down his arm, trying to calm him down. His cell phone then gets a text and he says, "I got to go."

He gives me a kiss on the cheek before leaving.