10.1

10.1 the crystal ball

1 the crystal ball

"Hey. You guys got anything?" Barry asks.

"I think we found the next target for our 30-something, meta-human, not-a-Ninja-Turtle," Cisco says as I wince at the name.

"How long did it take you to come up with that one?" Caitlin asks.

"It just came out of my mouth... did you see that?" Cisco asks. "That was amazing."

"That was nice," Barry says.

"Meh," I add, making Cisco glare at me.

"Central City Museum is hosting a special black tie event tonight showcasing "The Crystal Ball," Cisco says.

"I heard about that!" I comment. "It's a famous painting, apparently, recently recovered from Markovia."

"The painting is on loan to the museum from the Silverberg family," Cisco explains. "Jacob Silverberg himself said, "The painting's safe return means more to us than all the money in the world. It's like they're begging Turtle to rob it."

"Okay, yes. This is a plan. So the Turtle will make his move, and we can be there waiting to take him down," Barry says.

"How do you look in a tux?" Cait asks Jay.

"Come on, he's 6'2", he's square-jawed, and he's jacked. I think he looks fine," Cisco says as I make a noise of agreement, causing Barry to give me a look. I just wink at him with a smile and walk out of the room.

When I see him walking out of the Cortex behind me, I teleport home. I start taking off my coat and hang it up as I kick off my shoes as well. When I'm about to walk in another room, Barry speeds in. I turn to face him.

"Anything I can do for ya?" I ask, smiling.

He walks over to me and wraps his arms around my waist, me wrapping mine around his neck. "Yes, there is," He says and puts his lips to mine. I kiss him back and when his hands go under my shirt and towards my bra, I pull away.

"Barry-" I say. He pouts and I chuckle, patting his cheek. "I have to clean up around here. The house is a mess... and you and I both get very grumpy when everything is all over the place."

I gesture to the mess of my house. Movie CDs were everywhere, there were loads of blankets on the couches, plates on tables and stacks of books on the floor.

Barry sighs and pulls away, nodding. "C'mon. I'll help," He says, with a smile.

🔥⚡️

"Aah!" I squeal. "Barry!"

Barry chuckles as I bend down to pick up the stuffed animal he threw at me. "Really?" I ask and he shrugs with a smile. I throw it back to him as he catches it and places it in its spot.