17.0

17.0 time travel

I watch as Barry works on his speed equation

I watch as Barry works on his speed equation. Cisco walls in, and drops some books on the ground. He puts the ones he has down on the table next to me and says, "Yo. Can we please get rid of Jay's helmet?"

"No, sorry. It keeps me motivated," Barry says.

"Well, it's giving me daymares," Cisco says as I silently agree.

"This is everything I could find even remotely related to increasing speed," Cisco says as he picks up the books on the ground, handing them to Barry. "How are these supposed to help apply the speed equation to you?"

"The answer's got to be here somewhere," Barry says as I sigh, looking back at the book I was reading.

"I think I found something interesting," Caitlin says as I stare at the pages of my book, eavesdropping.

"Good interesting or bad interesting? 'Cause that word could go either way," Cisco comments.

"After running some comparative data, it appears that you, Reverse Flash, and Zoom are moving your legs at essentially the same speed," Caitlin explains.

"Then why are they so much faster than him?" Cisco asks.

"Best I can tell, with each stride their feet spend less time on the ground, thus propelling them forward much faster," Caitlin says.

"By almost 30%," Barry sighs. "Great. All right, well, I got to make up that difference somehow."

I look up at Cisco and Caitlin as they give me a look. I shake my head as they sigh looking at Barry.

"Barry? Look, after what that monster did, I want to stop Jay just as badly as you do..." Caitlin trails off.

"Right."

"But what if the reason you haven't been able to run as fast as him yet is because you just can't?" Caitlin asks.

🔥⚡️

"Hey," I say to Harry. "You know Jesse is gonna be fine." Me, Harry, and Mom are having dinner together at my house. Harry had gone to find Jesse but came up with nothing and decided to have dinner with us.

"I know," He says. "I just miss her."

My mom puts her hand on his shoulder. "She'll be fine, Harry. She's a strong girl," She tells him. Harry looks at her and nods.

I take a drink of my wine as my mom asks, "So, how has it been going since I was away?"

Me and Harry share a look. "Umm- it's been going... okay," I say.

"Jay's Zoom," Harry says coldly.

"Harry!" I scold. "You could've eased into it."