8.1.4

8.1.4 staff of horus

I open the front door and walk into my childhood home

I open the front door and walk into my childhood home. I walk past the front hallway and run my hand through the pictures on the wall. It looks exactly the same.

A 6-year old me runs through the hallway, my mom behind me. "Olivia c'mon!" She says.

I laugh as I run forward and then bump into some legs. I look up to see dad. He laughs as he picks me up in his arms. "And where do you think you're going young lady?" He asks, amused.

"I don't want to go to school. Everyone is so mean. There's only one boy who sticks up for me- and he's sick today," I say.

"And what's his name?" Dad asks.

"O- Ollie," I say with a cheeky grin. "He has the same name as me! We're like twins!!"

Dad laughs. "You are," He says as we sit down on the couch. "Look, Livvy, I know it's hard to make friends when you're so much younger than everyone else but let me tell you something. Liv, it's great that Ollie is helping you- but next time when of these kids mess with you, you can defend them yourself."

"Now, Harry. Don't teach her how to get suspended," Mom yells from the other room.

"I won't, don't worry," Dad yells back and then turns to me. "Make a fist like this, and then punch them right here." He says as he points to the bridge his nose. "And don't tell mom."

I smile. "Thank you, daddy," I say and my small arms wrap around to hug him as mom walks in.

"You ready to go now?" She asks as I nod. She smiles and gives dad a kiss. She then leads me out of the living room. "Let's go. And don't do anything your dad just told you."

That day, little Liv was bullied again, but this time a small boy with dark hair helped her up. She went on to make a new friend. Tommy... Mer- Merwyn?

We didn't sell the house when we left... in hopes I would come back and live here- and I did- until I left for Central City. I move through the house into the living room. I stand at the back of it and look around, imagining what my family would've looked like in here.

Me, Steve and a little child stand around a Christmas tree, decorating it. Steve suddenly turned into Barry and he slowly turned and picked up the little girl in his arms as she put the star on the top. Barry and I share a look as he winks at me, lowering our child back to the ground. I smile as I snap out of it and walk into my bedroom.

Suddenly, another image pops up. I wake up with Steve's arms wrapped around me. I slowly turn to see him smiling at me. I give him a kiss and say, "I have to get to work. And so do you."

"They can wait," He says, as he kisses me and rolls us so he's on top of me. He trails kisses down my neck and then comes back up and gives me another kiss. When we pull apart, suddenly, it's Barry on top of me, and not Steve. I push him off me with a smile and get up. "I'm serious. We can't be late.. again," I say.