Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Max's POV     

The next day I see Julia walking towards the exit of the school. She's probably going to get something to eat.

I run up to her, but stay on my side of the line. "Hey, Julia," I greet. Last night, after the most amazing sex I've ever had in my whole damn life, we talked - and drank more - for hours, about everything. She told me to leave just before she fell asleep, to avoid me being caught leaving her room the next morning.

That would have cause a lot of trouble.

"Uh, hi...?"

"Where are you going? You wanna get a coffee or something?"

Julia stops and turns to me, confusion written all over her face. "Have you already forgotten what I said, Max? We're done. Even if you're asking to go to coffee as friends... You're a dominator. We can't be friends. It's the rules."

I step over the line, ignoring anyone who might see. "Screw the rules."

She rolls her eyes but smiles. "Fine. One drink, but that's it." Trying not to kiss her is going to be insanely hard, especially when she is so beautiful.

I smile back. "I'll take it."

We walk out into the cold air, deciding to walk because the coffee shop is just around the corner from us. She immediately starts to shiver, so I do what anyone would do.

I pull off my dark blue hoodie and hand it to her. She stares at me for a moment. "I'm not taking your hoodie. That's not a friendship thing."

"You're cold. Stop being stubborn and just take it," I demand and continue to hold it out for her.

"No."

I groan and roll my eyes. "Fine, be cold then. I'm not going to put it back on though, so we're both just going to freeze cause of you."

She chuckles and stops. "Put it back on. Don't blame me for this."

I smirk. "Make me." A smile spreads across her face and she takes it from me then tries to throw it over my head. She has to jump to even attempt to put it over, but she fails. "Shorty," I tease.

F*ck, why am I so in love with her?

I wish she'd say it back to me and mean it. Even if it was just one last time. As long as she meant it. But that won't happen. Not any time soon.

She grabs it from me. "Ugh, take it," she playfully whines.

I shrug and take it. "Okay." I keep it in my hands, showing that I can be just as stubborn as she is. She stares at me again, for longer, as we walk.

Finally, she takes it from me. "You suck," she mumbles and then pulls it over her head. It is way too big for her, but at least it's warm. "Thank you."

"Anything for you."

She stays silent and stares at the floor as well walk, probably lost in her own thoughts. I look around at the trees and the few cars that pass us as we walk along the sidewalk.

I should probably tell her the truth about everything. About our past, which she obviously doesn't remember. I do. I remember every moment of it.

But that's not what we need to talk about. What we need right now is to talk about what happened last night. Talking to her and sleeping with her last night made me feel even deeper in love with her, which I didn't even think was possible.

She told me things that she definitely wouldn't not have told me while completely sober. Beautiful things about her. She was embarrassed, but I was in love. I am in love.

I know that she just wants to be friends, but how can we be that? Yes, we've been through and put each other through a lot but we have survived that. We can get through anything. I want to get through it with her.

We walk into a coffee shop and get our drinks, and that's when I finally decide to bring it up. "About last night..." I say as she slowly takes a sip of her hot chocolate.

She furrows her eyebrows, confused. "What about last night? All I know is that I danced with a really cute guy and woke up with a headache and no underwear on," she states and chuckles.

"We—"

"Look," she cuts me off. "I don't remember last night, but if it had anything to do with you then I don't want to know, okay?"

"But we can work this out. It has been shit until now but that can change. I would do anything for you. Please give me one last chance to prove myself to you?"

She sighs and stares at the wooden table. "This is why we can't even be friends, Max. That's what I asked for and you can't even listen to that. You don't listen."

"Wait, no, I do, but—"

"But nothing. Just go hump and dump yourself," she says and then stands up and walks off.

~~*~~

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG