⍋ The CHAMPIONS ⍒

r e d

r e d

"I really think your name is going to be pulled, " I tell my boyfriend. "I hope it does, I want to make my father proud," he says and places his head on the crook of my neck. I rub his back with a smile, "Your father is already proud of you Ceddy," I inform him. 

He looks at then kisses the tip of my nose. "Let's go get breakfast," he says and grabs my hand. "Do you think I can sit with you Ced?"I ask him without looking at him. "I'm sure my friends won't mind," he said as we reached the Hufflepuff table. "Hi Cedric!" a girl named Angela and she moves a bit so he could sit. 

"Hello Angela," Cedric says with a tight-lipped smile. "Can you move over a little more so my girlfriend could sit?" he asks as politely as possible. Her smile falls but it instantly recovers, "Sure!"

I sit next to her and Cedric sits on the end. "You're really pretty," Angela whispers to me. I look at her with a fake smile. "Thank you, you are pretty too," I tell her and grab a croissant. I grab Cedric's hand from under the table while he was talking to his friend. I bit into the croissant and I look up to see my sister, who is walking in with...Draco Malfoy?

"Ceddy, look, my sister is laughing with that Malfoy kid? Are they a thing? Why didn't she tell me?" Cedric looks to where I'm pointing at and his eyes go a bit wide. "Well, there's something you don't see every day," his friend comments.  Cedric and I nod our head in agreement.

I ate the last piece of my bread, "Cedric, I'm going to talk to my friends, see you in class," I inform him and kiss his cheek as I get up. "Bye love," I hear him say and I smile. "I'm telling you I'm going to marry that one," he says to his friend and I blush as I walk to my little sister. 

"Hello you two," I greet her and Draco, who are both leaning against the wall. "Hey Red, did you need something?"Ember asks me. "Well, I just want to know if there's a...little something between you pair," I say innocently. She rolls her eyes and gives Draco a look.

She turns back at me with annoyance written all over her face. "Ohh Red, always wanting to be the first to hear the gossip," she starts and I shrug, she's not lying.

"We are friends Poppy, nothing more, nothing less," she says sternly and Draco nods. "Well, I wouldn't mind if you two got tog-,"

"Okay! We're leaving!" she cuts me off and walks away with Draco. Before they leave, Draco turns around with a smirk, "You have a little something on your neck," he says and I gasp. He leaves and I go into the bathroom. I look at the mirror and glance at my neck. "CEDRIC!"

♡♡♡

"Ceddy! How was the class?" I ask Cedric once I see him. "Boring, as usual, what about you? How is your day so far?"He asks and grabs my hand. "Well so far, my day is pretty good, and when I went to the bathroom to pee, Myrtle didn't scare me!" I tell him and he smiles.

"Well I'm happy that you're happy," he says and pecks the back of my hand. I blush and walk closer towards him.

"Maybe, when we leave Hogwarts, we can start a life together, what do you say?" Cedric asks with a small smile. "I'd be honored to start a life with you Mr.Diggory," I say and I can feel my face heat up. He puts an arm around my shoulder and we both walk in the dining hall. 

I sit with Cedric, of course, and all the students enter. Everyone takes a seat and I play with Cedric's hand as I lean against his chest. He rests his chin on my head and the professors enter the room, causing him to tense up. I know I'm going to sound selfish but I really don't want Cedric to be chosen to participate in the competition, It just doesn't feel right. 

More students enter and Dumbledore stands by the goblet, "Sit down, please," he starts. "Now the moment you all been waiting for, the champion selection!" he continues.  Merlin, please don't let him be chosen. As our headmaster dies the fire that lite up the room, he walks over to the blue fire goblet.

He touches it with both of his two hands then steps back. The fire turns a light pink and shot out a paper, which Dumbledore caught. "The Drumstang champion is...Viktor Krum!" he says, his friends congratulated him.

He shook Dumbledores hand and walked to the back. Once again the fire turns pink and the Beauxbatons was Fleur. Then for the last time, the fire turns pink and Dumbledore collects the last paper. 

"The Hogwarts Champion, Cedric Diggory!"

I move away from his chest, "Congratulations Ced," I tell him quietly, he says a quick 'Thank you' and walks towards Dumbledore. "Excellent we now have our three champions! But in the end, only one will go down in history, only one will hoist this chalice of champions- this vessel of victory, The Triwizard Cup!" There it was, the beautifully made vase looking thing. 

When everyone was clapping I looked at the Goblet of Fire. The flames started to rise and Dumbledore walked towards it. A paper shot up and he quickly caught it. He mumbles something, but I don't think anyone could hear it. "Harry Potter? Red Weasley?" he says unsurely and looks around for us.

I never even touch that damn goblet! 

"Harry Potter? Red Weasley? Where are you?" He asks only louder. I slowly got up and I see that so did Harry. I audibly gulped and walked towards Dumbledore.

He hands Harry the paper with our names on it and everyone glares at us as we walk away. A gate opens and I see Cedric with the other champions looking at us with confusion.

In comes, Dumbledore with the other adults and our headmaster grabs Harry by the shoulders and basically slams him against the golden objects. "Harry, did you put your names in the Goblet of fire?" he asks. "N-No, sir!"

"Did you ask one of the older kids to d-" I cut him off. "Professor Dumbledore! Are you saying a 14-year-old can get pass your magic?" I ask him with a glare. He takes his hands off Harry and turns towards me. "And what about you Ms.Weasley? You're of age, did you put your name into the fire?" He asks.

"I never even touched it, Professor, just ask Cedric! I'm always with him!" I confess. "Mr.Diggory is this true?" "Yes, it is, what is going on exactly?" Ceddy asks. 

"Mr.Potter and Ms.Weasley here have also been selected to compete in the competition!" Madame Maxi says and Cedric looks at me with an emotion I can't detect. "Surely they can't compete, right? We have already been chosen!" Fleur says. 

"We leave this to you Barty," Dumbledore says to a man. "The rules are absolute," he starts, "The Goblet of Fire constitutes a binding magical contract," he says and turns around. "Mr.Potter and Ms.Weasley have no choice, as of tonight they are Triwizard champions." 

Then everything turns black.