❥ m-my sister ❥

E M B E R

E M B E R

"She's gone," I cry into Maple's shoulder. She rubs my back as her own tears also begin to fall. "She will always be with us Ember, a-always," Maple says with a sob. I shake my head and pull away from her grasp. "She's gone," I whisper to her and she starts to cry more. "No, she's not, she's with us, I k-know she is!" Maple cries.

"Everyone saw her body, she's gone...there's nothing we can do to get her back," I tell her and she shakes her head. "No, no, we- I have to do something!" she says and I look down. "Stop it, we can't do anything, please Maple, she's in a better place now," I say and a broken sob came out of both our mouths.

Maple runs out of the room while sobbing and I sit in my bed. I start to cry more as I hug my pillow. One of my big sisters is dead, and I don't know how to deal with it. After a few moments, Draco enters the room and he walks towards me. "Ember," he starts softly. I jump into his arms and begin to sob he hugs me tightly and I can hear his heart beat faster.

"It's going to be okay, I promise," he whispers into my hair and I shake my head. "It hurts Draco, I just keep thinking about her b-blank face, her dead eyes looking at me. I can't forget it," I tell him and he hugs me tighter.

"I'm sorry," he whispers and I look at him. "I don't know how to make you feel better," he says softly and places a curl behind my ear. "Please just stay with me," I whisper while leaning into his hand. He pecks my forehead and he hugs me. He runs my back and whispers that 'everything is going to be okay' but I know it isn't.

"We are gathered here today to remember our champions," Dumbledore starts. He looks around and looks at Maple and he turns to look at me. Pity. Pity is written all over his face, all over everyone's face.

I held Draco's hand under the table and Dumbledore begins talking again. "Even if Red Poppy has just joined us this year she was an extraordinary student, loved by all and envied by many. Cedric, another student who made everyone smile and everyone feel at home." Dumbledore says and I rest my head on Draco's shoulder. I zone out Dumbledore's words and begin to remember the memories I shared with my sister.

"Remember, not to let anyone treat you like shit Ems, you deserve to be treated like the queen you are,"

*

"Ember, you'll never be alone, I'm always going to be by your side,"

*