twenty one.

Pandora Gray

      "I'm freezing." I shiver as I walk in the apartment, Harry close behind me. The warm air hits me, and I let out a sigh I didn't know that I was holding.

"Your hair is wet." Harry states, and I roll my eyes.

"No shit Sherlock." I flip my hair, "I'm going to shower."

"Can I join?" He teases, and then laughs, "On second thought, I'd rather not. Thanks for the offer though, babe." I laugh, and head into the bathroom. I strip, turn on the air expeller, and get into the scalding hot shower. I hum a little melody, then start to perform. I don't just sing in the shower, no, I perform for all my fans that may or may not tell me to shut up.

"The dog days are over, the dog days are done. The horses are coming so you better ruuunnnn. . ." I give a small pause like it does in the song.

"Run fast for your mother, run fast for your father, run for your children, and your sisters and brothers." Harry sings from the other side of the door, and I smile.

"Harry this is a solo, not a duet. What the hell is wrong with wrong with you?" I playfully scold, and I hear him groan. "Plus, I can sing better."

"Bullshit, and you know it."

"What? Please, I can sing better than you." I scoff, and then I realize that it is a tad strange that we're talking through the door while I'm showering.

Okay, not a tad strange, but very strange.

I have weird friends.

"Whatever, I'll deal with you when you come out." I hear his footsteps walk off, and I continue to preform.

I'll never admit it to Harry, but she can sing way better than I can.

____________________________________

         "What time is it?" I ask as I come out of my room, tying my hair into a ponytail while Harry is flicking through channels. I look at the clock, "Oh, it's like nine."

"Yeah, when are you going to go sleep?" He asks, not tearing his eyes off of the T.V.

"Probably not now, you?"

"Even though Val is coming over tomorrow," I inwardly grimace, "I think I'm pulling an all nighter." I shrug, and open the pantry to get some popcorn. "Hey, I want some popcorn too." I nod, and pour all the kernels into a bowl and put it in the microwave. "What do you want to watch?"

"I dunno, hey, this is random, but... Have you noticed that the sun is still out?" I point at the window, and he looks at it.

"Yeah, that's weird." The popcorn finishes, and I go over to the couch and hand Harry the bowl, hopping on the couch as well. "Can we watch this?" He shows me Love, Actually, and I nod.

"You like that movie?"

"Like? I love it. Just don't tell the lads, they'll laugh." He presses the movie, and we're just in time, because the movie is starting.

It's ten o'clock now, and the movie has finished, and I'm chomping on a Oreo, leaning my head on Harry's shoulders who's smoking a cigarette. There's comfortable silence between us, and a question comes to my mind, and I muster enough courage to ask it.

"Harry?"

"Hm?"

"What was she like?"

"Who?"

"Emmy. What was she like?"

"Why are you asking?"

"You say I'm like her, I just want to know how.  You don't have to a—" He cuts me off.

"No, I'll answer. Emmy Kay, where do I start? Alright, she was as tall as me,  had the rough brown hair, brown eyes, and she was an African American beauty."

"She sounds pretty."

"She loved her bands bands more than she loved me, she literally said 'I love Brandon Urie more than I love you, okay?' Just like you. She played  footie, and she was really good at it too," He pauses a bit, "She was the Comeback Queen, our arguments were basically her slaying me. She was like the friend of Tiana in that Disney movie? That blonde bird? That was basically her."

"So how are we alike?"

"Well, let me start by saying, you're the bridge jumping friend my parents warned me about. You both hate math, you both fangirl over something, you both are sarcastic, you both drive me insane, you both have that same mentality that says fuck the world, and you both do the stupidest things, need I continue?"

"She's my new favorite person. I mean, the friend of Tiana was the shit. She was the best."

"Emmy and Ashlyn could basically play the character if they wanted too. They always got along so well, like two peas in a pod,which was weird, cause Ashlyn doesn't trust easily."

"Really? She didn't seem like that when we met her."

"Yeah, it was weird, because the only people she was able to instantly trust was you, Jenna, Nina, and Emmy."

"She was very special, wasn't she?"

"Yeah. She loved to hear me sing, and because she died, I find it a bit hard to sing to others now. I used to be able to sing her to sleep. She–" He cuts himself off, and I can see him starting to get chocked up.  "She was– damn this is hard. I miss her, I miss her laugh, I miss her smile, I just miss her."

"You don't have to say anything if you don't want to."

"Veni, vidi, amavi. I came, I saw, I loved. Gemma taught me that."

"She was right." I see the tears run down his cheeks, and I hug hip and wipe them off with my thumb.

"I miss the way that she grinned over everything she loved, her crooked nose, her eyes. But it's okay. It's okay, because when I'm around you, just a little bit of her shines through. When that happens, I feel  a little bit of my happiness come back."

______________________

A/N:

Hiiiiii how was it?

idk, I don't think it's one of my best.

Anyways, I have news. Perfection updates will only be on Sundays, cause of school and shit, and 7DT updates will be on Tuesdays, but not today.

So yeah

Ash xx