twenty three.

Gemma Styles

"Hey, Ash?" I call as I walk out of the bedroom to see Ashton wiping the last of the plates and putting it in the rack.. I walk over and give him a peck on the cheek,some of his stubble tickling my lips, "Thanks, I was supposed to do that after I finished taking a nap."

"It's okay, you've been so busy with wedding planning and all, it's the least I can do," He props himself up on the counter, "What's up, Gem?"

"Two things, one, if I were to fly in a few friends for the wedding,would you be okay with that?"

"Of course, whatever makes you happy, and what was the other thing?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Can I go visit the house?" I sigh, scraching my hair nervosly. He nods, then opens the draw, grabs keys and sunglasses,"Without you?" I squeak out, and he stops.

"Oh." He tosses me the keys,and I catch them, "Are you sure you'll be okay?" I nod, assuring him, "It's your parents old home, are you sure you can do this alone?"

"Yeah, I've been meaning to go back. I'll be back soon, okay? Bye Ash!" I walk over near the door and slide on my flip flops, keys in hand. I walk out of the door and sofftly shut it, joggging down the stairs and getting into my car. I pick up my phone and call Harry before I start driving,

"Helloooo?" Harry says into the phone. "Gemma, why the hell are you calling me?"

"Hello to you too, little brother." I roll my eyes. "Can you come to the house, like right now?.  I'm acutally not asking, I'm telling you." I drop the phone, not letting him give me a reply,and turn on the car, and start driving. I turn on the radio, and drum my fingers along to the annoyingingly catchy song.  When I pullup to the house, I mentally prepare myself, for whatever new I may find in my parent's old home. I get out of the car, slam the door, and go up to the front door and bring out my keys. I swing open the door, all the same furniture from when mum was still alive intact and standing. I quietly shut it, and start to walk around the lower level, the faint smell of my stepfather's cologne and my mother's perfume mixed.  I walk into the kitchen, and subconsciously glance at the chair mum always sat at.

"I miss you so much. So damn much." I whisper, tears streaming down my face. I'm sure if she was here she'd say something like,

"Language, Gem."

I walk into the living room, when I hear the door open and Harry walks into the house. "Hey."

"Hi." I say in a shaky voice, looking at the black umbrella in the corner of the living room.

"You listened Gemma, after all these years you listened to mom. There's even the umbrella." He points over there, and I nod, starting to reminisce.

"Don't open the umbrella indoors, Gemma." Mum says as I run around with the big black umbrella. She's in the kitchen, washing dishes, so I run up to her and ask,

"Why?"

"Legend has it that if you open your umbrella inside, it'll rain on your wedding day." She says, and I stick my tongue out.