Chapter 8

Jan.10,2019

Taylor is saying his goodbye's to everyone and me. This past summer was a test for us, everything that happened has made us stronger. The good thing is he will be close from where we are. He says that I will be receiving letters each day from him. 

The first letter:

Dear Mr.Rhodes,

I'm here getting ready for another day of battle and I can't stop thinking of you. When I see you again you better get ready because I'm not letting you go.

Thank you for sticking with me.

-T

The whole morning I smiled and imagined us reunited again. We are already married and I couldn't be any happier. Taylor bought Kimberly's apartment and changed everything to his name. He worked a whole week just fixing it.

When I got home there was that feeling of emptiness without him. Taylor would have received me with a strong hug and kiss. We would have had sex right now and then gone out to eat.

The next day I did not receive a letter from him. Which kind of made me wonder. He clearly said I would receive a letter every day from him. The next day I felt quite weird in class, everyone kept staring at me for some reason:

"Mr.Garza, I want you to put Rhodes on your papers for now on, "Mrs.Larson said. How did she know I got married? yes, I have a ring on but so what. The whole day all of my professors kept telling me the same thing to put Rhodes instead of Garza.

When I went into the principal's office, to see what was going on,there was Steve sitting down. 

"Your husband called to change your last name to his," he said quietly. How could I ever imagine Taylor would do this. I know it's not a reason to be mad, but I disliked he didn't notify me first. 

Kimberly is outside the apartment, she needs to talk to me. "So he called your school are you mad?"She says nervously.

"No I'm not mad, but he could have told me first," I say to her walking in front of her to open the door. When she takes a step back and opens her mouth wide.

"Taylor changed a lot of things. not just my last name." She laughs and goes through all the house. I follow her to every room when I notice a letter popping out from her bag.

"He sent you a letter this time?"I ask walking behind her. She turns around smiling and says, "this letter is for you and it explains everything."

The letter said:

I called to change your last name don't forget your married now and to an army guy.

Please reply to my letter, you are driving me crazy.

-T

The letter made me smile for the first time since he left. We both laughed because we know this is him being a goof. I know Kimberly read the letter, she laughed before I read it to her. Taylor always said she was very intrusive but I don't mind.

The rest of the evening I spent writing him back I wrote:

Dear Army Guy,

Thanks for telling me you called the school to notify that I was married to the most Jealous and beautiful guy ever. This apartment is lonely without you it misses you.

-M

Two weeks later,

Taylor has not responded to my letter which worries me. This semester barely started and I can't concentrate. Kimberly says she has no idea why he has not replied.

The whole night I couldn't sleep without knowing his okay. Every day , I wrote a letter to their camp hoping he would answer. When finally I received a letter from him saying:

The apartment misses me or you do? by all these letters I'm guessing is you that misses me.

Don't worry about me babe I will be back soon take care

-T

February 14,

Today is Valentines Day and the school is full of cupids on the walls. This year Taylor won't be with me which kind of makes me sad.

Two years ago, we celebrated our first Valentines together. He bought me a huge pink bear with chocolates. I had to tell everyone they were from my mom. The second time, we celebrated we did it for the first time. This would be the first year we are finally official, and not together on Valentine's day. I honestly hate this day and I'm jealous of all this couples right now. 

Steve just gave me a chocolate from a box that a girl gave him. We talked about this whole day and how people where so corny. He then started telling me about his new boyfriend and how they met.

I'm finally home and it was the most annoying day ever. And to make it worse, the door to the apartment is half open. My heart is beating out of control, someone is inside the house. 

When I finally decide to walk inside, they are bears all over the place. A chocolate cake is at the table and it has "Happy Valentines Day." This is probably from Taylor! But why did the mailman enter our apartment? 

"Are you going to come into the room or not," A voice says from the bedroom. Taylor! He is here and I can't believe it. My man is here and I just ran to him like a dog.

"Taylor what are you doing here?." I yell at him and he laughs from my excitement. He pulls me closer to me and kisses me, "You didn't miss me? he asks and tears roll down my cheek. 

"I missed you a lot," I tell him with another kiss. We kissed for so long that we ended up doing it again and again. He really needs to come like this more often. Taylor says he want it to see me but couldn't leave. They had a free day today but he left before everyone, in an army vehicle.

"Why are you eating my cake? " I ask him laughing. When he turns around and smiles with chocolate all over his face. He really is so adorable and he knows it.

"I want it something sweet," he says winking at me. Both of us decide to share the remaining of the cake. We stay at the table the whole night just talking about us.

The next day, my alarm is ringing it's 7 am. Taylor is already out of bed and getting ready. "Are you leaving already, "I ask stretching out of the bed. Without noticing, I'm naked and without anything covering me.  When I try to look for my underwear, I can't find them anywhere. He's probably laughing because he knows where they are. Taylor always loves to drive me crazy, every time he comes back.

After having sex twice, we both drove to campus. He's leaving finally and I don't want him to. Yesterday was so amazing with him, and this morning was incredible. I wonder how hard life is in the army, it must be very horrifying. They risk their lives every day and leave the ones they love.