𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍; V.

❝𝑫𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏❞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

 𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐃 during her walk that she wished to go to a bookstore. Her tennis shoes crunched the grass and branches under her. Her steel-blue eyes scanned the skies and the woods with a slight smile. Forks appealed to her. It was not too hot and it wasn't too cold. Eurydice could easily fit in here for a while. She blew out the air from her lungs which had turned cold as she clutched onto her jacket. She wasn't too far from the bookstore and maybe from there, she could call someone to pick her up. Eurydice rubbed her eyes as she noticed the light of the bookstore on. A few cars were parked in front of it, including an extremely nice red Mercedes-Benz CLK 350. Climbing the stairs and opening the door as the small bell chimed. She sighed as she felt the warm air hit her body. The bookstore looked simple and pleasant. Rows upon rows of books. She walked down a few rows before she bumped into someone. The hardness of their chest catching her off guard.

"Sorry." Eurydice was quick to apologize as she pulled back.

"Don't apologize, ma'am. It was my fault." The thick southern drawl shocked Eurydice.

"Okay.." Eurydice's eyes met with the familiar amber ones that belonged to Jasper Hale. "I best be -" Eurydice was cut off.

"Jazz! There you are. Oh! You are Eurydice, right? I'm Alice." The pixie-like girl grinned happily as she was immediately at Jasper's side.

"Yeah. I am. It's nice to meet you Alice... and Jasper I think." Eurydice played dumb.

Jasper cracked a small grin. "You are."

"When you are done here do you need a ride home?" Alice asked as she grabbed the girl's hands. "We could drive you." She offered.

Eurydice's face heated up. "I don't... I don't want to be a bother."

"Nonsense! We can take you, right Jazz?" Alice turned to Jasper.

"Right." Jasper gave a swift nod.

Eurydice looked between the two as she felt like she was in a dream. "Oh - okay." She managed to fumble out.

"So it's settled!" Alice beamed happily as she watched Eurydice stand there with no clue of what to do.

𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 in her thoughts. Jessica had told her that the Cullen family associated with no one but themselves. So why would they talk to her? Don't get her wrong she definitely enjoyed this but it was weird. Especially since she was the new girl. It was her first day. Eurydice went to go around Alice and Jasper to collect her thoughts and maybe a book or two before a cold hand grabbed her wrist softly.

"Oh and Eurydice, I think you forgot this in class." Jasper's drawl brought Eurydice's attention back to them as he held up a rose gold bracelet that held a lyre charm and a skull charm.

Eurydice's eyes widened. "Oh, my gods - yes. I did." She was relieved that someone had found it and returned it to her.

"Here, let me help you put it on." Alice hummed as she took the bracelet from Jasper before clasping it around Eurydice's wrist. "There."

"Thanks," Eurydice spoke although it came out like a whisper.

𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐉𝐀𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐑 smiled at the girl as she seemed to be registering herself before walking over and grabbing a book on Greek Mythology. Despite how the two were making her feel, it didn't stop the feeling of death from hitting her. Not that it bothered her but she knew no one alive would have that feeling. This was the beginning of something and Eurydice knew that. Could this be what Demeter had meant? Then again the goddess did not like her. She went up to the counter and paid for her book before Jasper and Alice led her to their vehicle. Alice sliding in the passenger seat with Jasper in the driver's seat.

"Don't be shy or nervous. We don't bite." Alice said amused as she shared a look with Jasper.

"I'm not." Eurydice protested before giving the two her address.

"Is it your brother that you live with?" Alice seemed to have all the questions.

"Yes. My twin brother and our best friend." Eurydice answered as she stared at her bracelet.

"Twin?" Jasper spoke as he focused on driving and making conversation. "Which one is your twin?"

"Newt. The one I stood in the parking lot with. Sandy blonde hair that looks way too fluffy to be hair." Eurydice wanted to add 'when you guys stared at me' but decided against it.

Alice and Jasper both let out a laugh. "That is quite the description." Alice smiled back at her.

"Yeah well do not ask him for one on me. He'll probably just say 'brunette that looks like a murder.'" She quoted her brother's past description of her. "And the other guy who lives with us is Kaz. Raven hair and blue eyes, be careful near him. He likes to pitch pockets."

"Oh?" Jasper didn't know whether to question further or to leave it at that.

"Mhm." Eurydice let out a small laugh as she fiddled with her fingers.

Alice grinned. "Eurydice, why don't you sit with us at lunch tomorrow?"

Eurydice went still for a moment as she thought about it. "Would your family be okay with it? I don't want to intrude and.."

"And everyone tells you we keep to ourselves?" Jasper asked with slight annoyance that was clearly not aimed at Eurydice.

Eurydice shifted uncomfortably. "Yeah..."

"Our family will not mind. Don't worry and as for the others don't pay any mind to them." Alice hummed as they pulled into the driveway of Eurydice's.

"Okay." Eurydice nodded slowly. "Thank you guys for the ride. It means a lot." She spoke as she unbuckled herself and opened the door.

"No problem ma'am." Jasper flashed her a grin.

"Bye!" Alice waved.

"I'll see you both tomorrow." Eurydice smiled before she made her way into her home, trying not to squeal as her cheeks burned a bright red.

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━