𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍; XVII.

❝𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒕, 𝑺𝒘𝒂𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒕

❝𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒕, 𝑺𝒘𝒂𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒕.❞
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

 𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 her brother was sent off on his own. She would never know if he was okay or if he was hurt unless he showed up. Time had flown by since their birthday and since Newt had left. It was currently the second week of February and he had yet to return despite Edward finally coming back. Eurydice had been beyond worried and Kaz would spend hours trying to calm her down before he'd simply give up. Lately, he hadn't been talking to her and it was eating her up on the inside. She started to feel truly alone at home. She tried to make an effort to talk to Kaz but he would simply shake his head at her and walk off. The girl had kept up in her classes and buried herself with work. The Cullen's started to worry about her, Alice would say that in her visions Eurydice just spent time staring at nothing worrying and Jasper could feel how the girl felt, she felt alone and afraid. Most nights Jasper and Alice would sneak over to the girl's home and spend the night with her or she would stay at the Cullen home. Currently, Eurydice sat with Alice in class as she played with her hands. Her notes are written down in scribbles and greek. Eurydice looked over at Alice who was smiling at her. Eurydice managed a small smile at her before she picked up her pencil and twirled it around her fingers.

"Eury, how about this weekend you, Jasper, and I go on a date?" Alice suggested with an excited glint in her golden eyes.

Eurydice thought for a moment before nodding. "I'd like that."

"Great!" Alice beamed before she wrapped an arm around the girl's shoulder.

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒 like this that made Eurydice happy. Although the three had yet to go on an official date besides the three just always being around one another and in each other's rooms. Eurydice's pale cheeks were tinted pink as she leaned her head on Alice's shoulder. Eurydice nearly fell asleep before the bell rang and dismissed the class. The next few classes were alright besides the fact that Isabella stared her down in one of them. Eurydice simply glared at her and moved on with her life. She didn't let the girl stop her from doing her school work as she sat in class. She had pushed all her worries to the back of her mind as her eyes trailed over the many boards of each classroom. Her notes and pages of notebooks filled with different things that the students had learned. As the bell rang for lunch, Eurydice grabbed her bag and made her way to the lunch room. Staying quiet per usual as she ducked around people. She finally arrived at the glass doors and stood for a moment. Her hand gripped the cool metal of the door. She felt a few gazes shift onto her but as she pulled back from the door she took a deep breath. She backed away before she felt buzzing in her bag. She realized that it was her phone and as she walked away she pulled her bag off and dug through it. Her phone rang and she immediately found it and grabbed it while answering the call. She never bothered to even check who it was.

"Eurydice?" Newt questioned through the phone and relief flooded the girl.

"You piece of shit! You had me worried for weeks!" Eurydice cursed as she looked relieved to the outer eye. "Where are you?" She immediately asked.

"Look in the parking lot, Ghostie." She could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Parking lot.." The girl trailed off before she moved over to the concrete steps that led down to the student parking lot and she saw her brother leaned against their vehicle.

𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 bag and put her phone in it before sprinting over to her brother. Pausing in front of him before she punched him in the arm hard making him groan before she tackled him into a tight hug. Eurydice's arms wrapping tightly around his neck as the boy hugged her back with a small laugh. The twins were finally reunited. As Eurydice pulled back she scanned him for any injuries only to see a few cuts and bruises.

"Nothing bad. Don't worry," Newt ruffled her hair making her pout.

Eurydice nudged his side. "Next time do not leave while I am asleep." She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Come on. We better get to lunch." Newt rolled his eyes ignoring his sister as he started walking.

"We better get to lunch." Eurydice mimicked her brother's words before climbing the concrete steps by his side and picking up her bag.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐀𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 walked into the lunch room. Eurydice was no longer worried and was happy. Newt walked in first and made a face at Eurydice as she made her way in. The brunette simply rolled her eyes and shot him her middle finger with a playful smile. Whispers erupted but neither cared, until the two were stopped by Jessica Stanley.

"What are you doing here?" Jessica asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"Getting an education. What are you doing here?" Newt asked boredly, not wanting to deal with her.

"You've been gone for weeks." Jessica replied simply. "Thought you died."

"Yeah well he's not." Eurydice narrowed her eyes at the girl as Newt placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Why weren't you here?" Swan asked as she looked between the two.

"Mind your business." Eurydice and Newt both said in unison as Eurydice's eyes shifted over the Cullen table before landing back on Jessica and the Swan girl.

"I'm just curious." The girl tried to defend herself until Eurydice slammed her fists on the table and flashed a fake smile.

"Haven't you heard curiosity killed the cat? I would say what a shame it would be if you were the cat but then again I feel that it would be more peaceful." Eurydice shot before composing herself.

"Control your sister Kane." Mike Newton spoke before Newt glared daggers at him.

"My sister is her own person who is not to be controlled by anyone." Newt growled.

"Hey! There you are." Rosalie placed a hand on both Kane twins shoulders. "We better get to our table." She sent glares to everyone at the table before pulling the two away.

"I want to stab one of them." Eurydice mumbled under her breath as Newt nodded in agreement. 

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━