𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍; XLIX.

❝𝑺𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

❝𝑺𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕.❞
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

    𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄'𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 Jasper’s as she watched Jacob get carried out by the wolf pack. His groans and screams droned out the farther he got before it was silent. Others started speaking but Eurydice’s eyes were trained forward as she awaited the Volturi. She noticed one of the newborns standing by them but she didn’t say anything. If she was an issue, she’d already be dead. Eurydice didn’t know which members of the Volturi stood before her, but she wasn’t going to ask. The flames burned the bodies before them as the Volturi walked. It was painfully slow. When they finally got close enough, they took off their hoods. 

“Impressive. I’ve never seen a coven escape an assault of this magnitude intact,” The blonde female spoke as she stared down the group.

“We were lucky,” Carlisle said in a monotone voice.

“I doubt that,” the girl added as she started to make Eurydice’s blood boil.

“It appears we missed an entertaining fight,” The dark-haired male at the blonde’s side spoke, Jasper held Eurydice closer as he kept her behind their family members. 

“Yes,” Eurydice wanted to make a remark about this girl’s voice, “It’s not often we are rendered unnecessary.” 

“If you would have arrived a half-hour ago you would have fulfilled your purpose,” Edward seemingly calm as he spoke while holding Bella. 

“Pity,” The blonde’s gaze became more menacing as she turned her gaze before smiling, “You missed one.”

Jasper pulled Eurydice with him as he moved near the brunette newborn, “We offered her asylum in exchange for her surrender.”

“That wasn’t yours to offer,” The blonde quipped and Jasper’s grip tightened on Eurydice’s hand noticing her need to say something. “Why did you come?” She yelled before the girl started screaming in pain causing Eurydice to think about the Underworld. 

    𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄'𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐃 as soon as the screams started. It reminded her of Tartarus and it reminded her of the fields of Punishment. Jasper seemed to tense as well. Eurydice felt the feeling of darkness and death creep up more. Why more death? So many had already died.

“Who created you?” The blonde added as the screams got louder.

“You don’t need to do that, she’ll tell you anything you want to know,” Esme spoke up. 

“I know,” The blonde girl just continued to smile. 

The girl on the ground made sounds of pain before speaking, “I - I don’t know. Riley wouldn’t tell us,” Eurydice’s body went rigid at that comment, “He said our thoughts weren’t safe.” 

“Her name was Victoria. Perhaps you knew her,” Edward stated while Eurydice moved out of Jasper’s arms and stood with a blank expression, Riley was dead.

“Edward, if the Volturi had knowledge of Victoria, they would’ve stopped her.” Carlisle spoke and Eurydice scoffed despite the glares that moved onto her. “Isn’t that right Jane?” 

“Of course,” This Jane spoke before turning to her side, “Felix.” 

“She didn’t know what she was doing!” Esme exclaimed as Jane stopped Felix momentarily, “We’ll take responsibility for her.”

“Give her a chance,” Carlisle added.

Everyone started looking around before Jane started, “The Volturi don’t give second chances. Keep that in mind. Ciaus will be interested that she is still human,” Jane stated before looking at Eurydice.

“Don’t look my way,” Eurydice narrowed her eyes.

“So, both the Kane’s are changed, yes?” Felix questioned and Jasper moved back to Eurydice’s side.

“You should know we are. It’d be a shame for me to have to yank off those heads for targeting my brother,” Eurydice flashed a fake smile. 

Jane stopped the fight that was brewing, “Take care of that Felix,” She nodded at the newborn, “I’d like to go home.”

    𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐘 in the girl and tried to ease the girl with a soft look. She tilted her head down and mumbled in ancient greek while Felix moved past the vampires. The screams of the newborn filled the air once more before she was thrown into the fire. Eurydice felt her die and looked down. It was a shame that so many innocents had been thrown into this but she didn't blame Riley. Riley was a pawn, he was innocent. He had been manipulated. Eurydice watched as the Volturi left.

"You're wrong," Edward broke the silence as he looked at Eurydice. 

"Piss off," Eurydice narrowed her eyes, "I don't want to hear anything out of your mouth."

"Riley wasn't innocent," Edward spoke firmly as the whole family watched the two.

"He was. Victoria got into his head, she manipulated him!" She exclaimed as she narrowed her eyes.

"After all he has done, you still believe he was good?" Edward questioned, "You aren't as good as you think."

"Who says I'm the good guy?" Eurydice queried as she raised an eyebrow, "Who says I am not the villain?"

"Eurydice.." Emmett broke the chat.

"I am sick of you blindly siding with Isabella. I am sick of no matter how much I fight that you hate me. You are blinded," Eurydice neared Edward, "And if this is how you keep seeing me, then fine. Make me the villain." 

    𝐀 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 fell over the family. Bella wanted to move forward but she stopped when Eurydice decked Edward before turning to her. Carlisle made his departure, deciding to go to the reservation while Esme stood by Rosalie and Emmety as everyone watched. Jasper was growing more protective by the moment and it slightly shocked a few that the Major had yet to make an appearance. 

"My brother's death should have never come out of your mouth. You are inconsiderate and do not care who gets hurt as long as you turn." Eurydice snapped before she crossed her arms and looked down at Edward, "That was for my Father." She turned from the group, "Now I need to get going to my friends and brother. Gods know Jackson's exploded a sink by now," She sighed.

"We'll come with you," Alice spoke as she and Jasper joined Eurydice's side.

"Okay," Eurydice nodded, not knowing what to say at the moment, "Let's go." 

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━