𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍; XXXIV.

❝𝑲𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝑲𝒉𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒆❞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

❝𝑲𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝑲𝒉𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒆❞
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐒 easier to bare than the first day. The pain had faded but was still there, just not as prominent. Eurydice, though, did not feel like fire. She now felt like ice. Pure ice like the kiss of Khione. The girl wanted to open her eyes but she couldn't. Her body would not let her. Eurydice layed there in the wake of her mind which now decided to work properly. The girl's mind threw different things at her. She swore she had heard Kaz Lightwood say something about a prophecy. Her mind clicked and realized the first part had happened, she died. Just not permanently. It was odd because she could feel her own death but also the pain of turning. Eurydice wonders if this is how the Cullen's and her brother felt.

𝐉𝐀𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐒 way into the Kane household and was greeted with Newt standing up extremely quick and Kaz looking over his way with a slight glare. Alice had seen Eurydice being attacked by Laurent and Newt's brown eyes being exchanged for a pair of blood red ones. His eyes wandered around the room before Jasper's eyes landed on the body of Eurydice Kane. She looked peaceful. Her curly brown hair had become an even darker shade of brown. Her skin is as pale as a ghost. Jasper sighed knowing Alice's vision did in fact happen the moment he laid his eyes on the girl and her brother. His red eyes meeting the amber ones of the Hale boy.

"Laurent did it." Newt spoke as he sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"I know. Alice saw the moment your eyes went red and the moment her body hit the ground." Jasper looked over at him and frowned.

Newt looked down. "I should have stopped Laurent. I panicked the moment I smelled her."

"It's okay Newt." Jasper put a hand on his shoulder, "Alice would have come but there are a few issues she's dealing with."

"It's alright. I'm sure Ghostie would understand." Newt crossed his arms. "The wolves tried to kill us last night."

"But they didn't. You two are cold ones now." Kaz spoke as he narrowed his eyes. "You have to be like the Cullen's. One wrong move and it's over."

"I wasn't planning on killing anyone." Newt went forward but Jasper immediately got a hold of the boy and sent different waves of emotions his way.

"Newt. You are a newborn. Everything's heightened." Jasper mumbled to the sandy blonde.

"I know." Newt grumbled before he stopped fighting.

𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 hours which moved slowly as everyone waited for the Kane girl to wake up. It was the night of the third day and still nothing. Her body had fixed every little imperfection that she had from her many years of being a demigod. The seventeen year old girl's hand twitched making everyone's gaze land and stay on her. Eurydice really knew how to make people wait or give them anticipation. Her body was regaining mobility and this time not from twitching and rolling around in sheer fiery pain. The brunette was ready to get out of her own mind. It was not as comforting as it seemed. Her throat ached and she registered that rather quickly. It felt as if a red hot poker was being repeatedly shoved down into her esophagus. Then the moment everyone had been waiting for happened, Eurydice's eyes snapped open as they went a darker shade of red. She sat up and was quick to check her surroundings. Everything seemed so different. Her eyes landed on Jasper and Newt with Kaz across from the two.

"Eurydice?" Newt asked as he caught her attention, "How do you feel?" Eurydice didn't answer before she was in Newt's arms pulling him into a hug not realizing her own strength. "Ow - Eurydice careful. You are a lot stronger than normal." Newt laughed as he hugged her back with a wince.

"Sorry." She apologized quickly before she pulled back and smiled. "I'm just happy to see you."

"Alright, alright. Give your brother all the attention. I see how it is ma'am." Jasper pouted playfully to see her reaction.

Eurydice's head snapped over in the boy's direction as she grinned, "You too. You know I love you." She laughed before she hugged him, much more carefully than she had hugged her brother.

"I came down as soon as Alice saw what happened. She would have come but she had to help with something." Jasper spoke as he hugged her back and rested his chin on her head.

"It's fine." Eurydice hummed as she squeezed him just a little bit.

Newt let out a snicker as he watched. "My sister and one of her mates. How adorable." He teased the girl who immediately shot him a glare.

"Newt leave them be." Kaz rolled his eyes as he flopped onto the couch.

𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐆𝐎 of Jasper and looked over at Kaz. Her red eyes met his blue ones as the room went silent. She felt her anger start to rise and Jasper try to calm it before a black aura destroyed a light making the room go slightly darker.

"You knew something." Eurydice stated as she tried to keep her cool. "Yet you got mad at us for keeping their secret? You hypocrite."

"I know. I am sorry about that." Kaz apologized as he watched the girl warily. 

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━