𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍; LXXI.

❝𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕❞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

    𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 calls from Alice and Jasper became less frequent. Eurydice had been stressed and it was only getting worse as time passed. Stafan and Vladimir had shown up hours earlier, startling everyone. Eurydice was worried for what was to come. The woman sat on the floor while her kids were with her brother and Seth who were at Newt's home, keeping the kids away from the discussions. Her head rested in her hands. She was glad that she couldn't cry, or else she would have been sobbing. Her body rested on the floor as she listened to Eleazar tell the Cullen’s about how if Aro wants someone, that it was never long before evidence appeared against that Cullen. Her mind took a turn for the worst, in all of her years of being a demigod she had never faced anything like this. She could lose her kids, her family, or herself. She was scared, scared to lose everyone, scared to lose her kids. 

“Eurydice,” Emmett entered the room, it was a rare occurrence that he did so, “Edward may have tipped me off.”

“Of course he did,” Eurydice sighed, her voice seeming fragile, something many never expected.

“We won’t let anything happen,” Emmett’s playful looks were gone as he gave her a stern one. 

“How can you be so sure?” She asked as her lips tugged into a frown, “The fates-” 

“The fates aren’t here, we don’t know their moves, we only know our own,” Emmett stated as he sat down in front of her.

Eurydice ran her hands through her curls, “I just feel so overwhelmed and alone. I know I’m not but I’m constantly worried and fighting. I’ve spent my whole life fighting, I was never scared of death. I wasn’t afraid of it till it set its sights on my kids.” 

“You know we all will fight for our family,” Emmett offered her a hand, seeing if she wanted any touch.

Eurydice scanned his hand before taking it, “I know but I don’t want anyone to lose their lives. Newt and I have lost so many people in our life, I don’t want them to have that. I don’t want this cycle to continue.” Emmett understood what she meant before she whispered, “If I have to die to protect them then so be it. I just need them to be safe, I don’t want them to have so much loss but I don’t have a say.”

“You aren’t going anywhere,” Emmett gave her a look, “Alice and Jasper will need you, those kids will need you. You aren’t alone, we all are here.” Emmett pulled her into a hug. 

Eurydice tensed before her arms wrapped around the much bigger male, “Thank you.”

“Don’t worry Ghostie,” His tone was slightly teasing, “Now let’s get downstairs. Everyone has agreed to fight if needed.”

“I know,” She mumbled before pulling back, smiling slightly when Emmett wrapped an arm around her shoulders, “Let’s go.”

    𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐕𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒 made their way downstairs. A few eyes trailed over to them as they entered the room full of vampires. Some noticed Eurydice’s disheveled appearance and her black eyes, she had been watching her kids so much she had yet to hunt. She followed the path that Emmett led her through as the two stood beside Rosalie and Esme, behind Edward. Edward looked back at the girl, as if he were telling her to say something. She simply looked over the different vampires. Her eyes trailing over Charlotte and Peter as well as Lucien.

“I can’t tell you what is going to happen, I’m as clueless as you all. I appreciate that you all are willing to help. You are here and understand what those kids truly are - they are innocent. Words were twisted by someone and made it seem as if we have broken laws. Family is the most important thing, no bond is stronger. As Dominic Toretto says, ‘The most important thing in life will always be family.’ It truly is. Whether it be by blood or bonds,” Eurydice states as she straightens her back, “Also please note that if any of you join Aro I will be the person ripping you to pieces and throwing you into Tartarus. Thank you very much,” She flashed a fake smile before recoiling back into Emmett. 

“And she will,” Edward nods his head, “I’ve seen her fight, we have an advantage. Two immortal demigods and two of the children being legacies of a god. That is something they want, the powers would work for them but we see how Eurydice is.”

“I want to watch them all burn,” Eurydice added, causing Stafan to grin.

“Don’t we all,” Vladimir added as he looked at the female.

“She looks harmless,” One of the Irish vampires added.

“I wouldn’t say that,” Carlisle gave them an awkward grin as Eurydice waved as her hands turned black before the lights went out.

“That was just the lights - OI,” The lights came back on to see the vampire pinned to the wall as shadows swirled around his body.

“Weak? I can rip your soul from your body,” Eurydice waved the shadows away letting him free.

“Eurydice,” Esme scolded the girl like a child.

“What? I ain’t letting some mother fucker call me weak, I mean that respectively. You can’t back out now after offering help,” Eurydice hummed before playing with her rings.

Edward just smirked over at her, “I think they get it, Eury.”

“They better,” She snickered. 

    𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 vampires willing to fight didn’t ease the woman's worry. Not everything was about numbers. It was about strategy and it was about agility. Eurydice wasn’t even sure some of these vampires could throw a punch. She had more faith in the Denali’s than she did the Irish people. She didn’t even know their names, nor did she care to know. All she cared about was that there were people willing to protect her kids, and there were. 

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━