𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍; I.

❝𝑴𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑰𝒏❞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

❝𝑴𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑰𝒏❞
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

 𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀 𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐆𝐎𝐃 was something most thought was a dream. It really wasn't. To Eurydice Kane, it was a nightmare. One that never went away. It was a never-ending fight to the death. There were two paths. One, you ran from the monsters that chased you down to the ends of the earth until your blood was spilled. Or two, praying to the gods and asking for help to even have an attempt at a normal life. Eurydice had done both. She had fought monsters alongside her twin brother, Newt, and her best friend Kaz. The gods rarely were around and most of their children never met their parents. Eurydice and Newt had met their father after they both took on being ambassadors of the Underworld as well as royal titles, Kaz wasn't the same in that department.

𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 her brother and her best friend as they stood in front of the simple townhouse. The home looked like a log cabin mixed with a cottage. It was nice and had a homey feel to it. Her brother, Newt, stood a few inches taller than her at five-foot-ten. His sandy blonde hair in a fluffy mop as his brown eyes scanned their surroundings. After many different homes and many different states, he had become extremely wary. Not too far from them stood Kaz, their best friend and a son of Hermes, his raven locks falling in his face as his blue eyes were full of mischief. The girl stood at five-foot-five and didn't seem fond of much, or anything at all. She was more on the quiet side but she had her opinions. She didn't hesitate to snap back or start a fight. Maybe that was why she got in trouble so much at her old school and not for having ADHD and being a dyslexic.

𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐁𝐎𝐗𝐄𝐒 was not that hard. The three didn't carry much besides basic needs. Eurydice blew a sliver of her brown curls out of her eyes. Her hands gripped the box tightly as she moved the cardboard box labeled 'utensils' into the kitchen area. Maneuvering around her brother and her best friend. The house looked much smaller than it really was. It had an area to sit your stuff down where you walked in before having the living room which was open and revealed the dining room and kitchen before there was a hall that held four doors. One to a full bathroom and the others to three bedrooms. Eurydice let out a small sigh as a smile toyed at her lips.

"Ghostie, what do you think so far?" Newt asked as he looked over at his sister from the box he was opening.

Eurydice flashed her twin a smile. "I think it is nice. A lot nicer than our home in Rhode Island."

"We had a trailer in Rhode Island." He let out a small laugh.

"A NICE TRAILER!" Kaz's voice broke through the front door as he barreled in.

"Kaz, you think a boxcar is nice." Eurydice deadpanned as she grabbed the last box from her best friend.

"And we are not trying to be the boxcar children." Newt snorted as he moved over to unbox the box of pictures that they did have.

Kaz rolled his eyes as he grabbed the box that held his belongings before going to the room he deemed his. "You two are no fun." He pouted.

𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐀 wicked grin as she continued unpacking. She was used to relocating and not having to get attached to one place. Sometimes she wished things were different. But when you were a child of the big three gods, Poseidon, Zeus, and Hades you could not make any changes. It was bittersweet. Yes, they had powers that some could not dream of but they weren't fun to deal with. The twins could feel death, they could tell you when someone died, they could even control and summon the dead to do their will. Eurydice though could control the darkness. Shadows were at her mercy. Although for Newt the dead had to listen to his every word or else he could send them gods knows where. Kaz had it extremely lucky. He was the son of Hermes. His powers consisted of super speed and being an extremely good liar as well as a good thief.

━━✶━━

𝐀 𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐒𝐅𝐈𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄 placed itself onto Eurydice's lips as she stood in her room. Her hands on her hips before she wiped the sweat from her forehead. She had managed to get all of her furniture together and moved around on her own. She started placing her clothes in the drawers as she organized them. Despite not being very organized she had decided that she would at least attempt to be. She slid off her Adidas tennis shoes and placed them at her door. Her room was not anything special. She had a black and gold scheme while her walls were a dark grey. Eurydice popped her wrist before sliding around in her socks as she placed white sheets and pillowcases on her mattress and her pillows before pulling on her black and gold comforter. Usually, she bribed her brother into doing all of this but she hadn't this time. He was already helping Kaz. She ran her hands through her mop of brown curls. She wore a simple red t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants that she adored. Eurydice hated dressing up or dressing to impress someone. The only time she really had ever dressed up was when she had to go to Olympus alongside Kaz and Newt.

"We start school on Monday," Newt stated as he leaned in his sisters' door, telling her that she started school in two days.

"Good to know." Eurydice nodded at him as she turned and made a silly face at him.

"I can't believe we turn 16 in a few weeks." Newt leaned his head against the door frame with a small sigh as they knew January 24 was not too far. "Most demigods never even get to see 10."

"Yet we did, we are lucky," Eurydice spoke softly as she nodded at her brother. "We had each other. As dangerous as it was we did."

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━