Chapter 2: A Timeskip & A Jump

Four years... Luna thought sadly while looking out the window of her room into the never ending void of space. It's been four years since mother died and I haven't come any closer to finding a weakness in Frieza or any of his men...

She sighed while grasping the emerald pendant she wore around her neck. It had belonged to her mother and she didn't ever dare to take it off for fear of losing it or someone aboard the ship stealing it from her. It had been given to her as a present on her 16th birthday... Only a few months before Frieza and his men decimated her home planet. Luna frowned, trying her best to shake the terrible memories from her mind.

Dwelling on the past doesn't do anyone any good...

Since that day she had served under Lord Frieza, healing his men when they came back from their missions. Even though the thought of helping someone as evil and ruthless as him disgusted her, she knew she had to stay strong and wait for the right moment to strike if she wanted to succeed in getting her revenge. If she gained his trust and made him believe that he had truly broken her, maybe she would be able to unearth some sort of flaw in that monsters armor. So far, she hadn't had much luck.

"Woman! Lord Frieza wishes to see you at once!"

Zarbon's voice made her jump as she stashed her necklace back inside her kimono and quickly made her way towards the door to her room, opening it to reveal the teal alien who was looking down at her in annoyance.

"Yes Zarbon, what is it?" She asked, genuinely curious as to what he could possibly want with her.

"As I said," He replied with a scowl, becoming irritated with her lack of respect. "Lord Frieza requests your presence in his chambers immediately."

"But why-"

"How should I know?! Just go!" He snapped, his cape swishing behind him as he made his exit, already halfway down the hall before she could ask anything else.

Tch, what's up his ass today? Luna thought angrily, adjusting her dress as she prepared to make her way towards the command center of the ship. She walked down the halls quietly, always trying her best to avoid running into any of Frieza's men as they typically got their kicks out of harassing her and making her feel uncomfortable with their snide remarks and jokes. She didn't have time to deal with any of that today. For some reason, she felt as though today was different...

It was very unusual for Frieza to ask to speak to her in his quarters. Usually he just ordered her to go to the medical wing when there was someone who needed treatment. In her experience on the ship, he had only ever asked Zarbon, Dodoria and his most trusted henchmen to converse with him in his chambers... This was definitely a first for her and she didn't like it.

As she approached the door, she felt an overwhelming sense of uneasiness but a small part of her mind thought that perhaps, this was a good thing. Maybe he was beginning to trust her and was planning on giving her some of the freedoms that Zarbon and Dodoria had.

The privilege of traveling alone outside, no escort, no guards... She thought, a small grin lighting up her face. Just being able to fly free and feel the wind in my face without knowing someone is watching me... Maybe then I could have a chance to escape...

Luna shook herself from her daydreams as she knew she would have to play the part of a perfect servant if any of that was ever going to be possible. She took a few deep breaths and raised her hand, knocking on the heavy door a few times before the voice that haunted her nightmares answered.

"Come in and make it quick!" Frieza commanded in his harsh voice as she hurried inside, the automatic door closing behind her as she saw him seated on a large chair in the middle of the room. She moved in front of him swiftly, kneeling down while staring at the floor nervously as she awaited her orders.

"What took you so long?" He questioned, already angry at the girl bowing before him, "You know I have better things to do than wait around for some brat! When I summon you, I expect you to arrive in a more timely manner, understood?!"

"Yes, Lord Frieza... I- I apologize for taking so long..." She said shakily, afraid that he merely brought her here to punish her. It wouldn't be the first time...

"Hmm..." He smirked, delighted at the fact that she seemed genuinely frightened of him. "Stand and face me." He instructed as she quickly obeyed, anxiously awaiting what he would say next.

"As you can imagine, I have called you here for a reason." He continued, watching her closely as he spoke, "In a few days time we will be arriving on planet Namek. The scouting crew has reported that there are some unusually high power levels there, so I'm sending you along with Zarbon and Dodoria to aid them in taking care of whatever problems they might encounter."

Luna's eyes lit up at the thought of getting off the ship, even if it was with two of the people she hated most. She longed to see anything other than the drab gray and white walls that she had become far too accustomed to. Frieza noticed the change in her facial expression and frowned, wondering to himself if she was truly stupid enough to try anything while under the command of his subordinates.

"Wipe that look off your stupid face girl..." He growled, determined to squash any amount of hope she still might have left. "While you are off the ship you will report to and obey Zarbon and Dodoria with the utmost respect, understood?"

"Yes, sir."

"If either of them tell me that you have disobeyed them or caused even the smallest amount of trouble... You will be punished severely when you return... Is that clear?"

"Y-yes, sir."

"Very good. You will be notified when we are in closer range to the planet. Until then, you are dismissed."

"Yes, Lord Frieza..." Luna whispered, bowing lowly before leaving, "I promise I will be useful on this mission."

The icejin smirked, turning around in his throne before gazing out the window as a sinister grin crept across his features. "You'd better be..."