Chapter 54: The Hyperbolic Time Chamber

Meanwhile... Inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber...

...

"HAAA!" Luna roared, sending another massive blast towards Kaito as he deflected it once more, grinning as he watching her come at him again.

"COSMIC STORM!" She shouted, multiple balls of energy flying his way as he somehow, avoided them all before jumping forward. Before she knew it, the white haired man was inches from her face, his sword raised above his head as he let out a fierce yell before bringing it down...

Luna's eyes widened as she only had a fraction of a second to jump back before his blade swung through the air, striking the tiles beneath her before cutting the large white square clean in half.

Kaito smirked, impressed with her improved speed and agility as he chased after her, grinning as she managed to dodge all his attacks. Her bare feet tapped against the tiles as she jumped backwards, suddenly getting an idea as she brought the heel of her foot down, one of the giant tiles tilting upwards before she used her other foot to kick it towards the man chasing her.

The other Acaiian let out a yell, slicing the tile into multiple pieces as the remains clattered against the floor, Kaito looking up with a confident smirk before realizing his opponent was nowhere in sight...

"Oh n- OH!" Kaito choked, Luna's leg slamming into his back as she knocked him forwards, the purple haired woman jumping back as she grinned at her friend.

"Very good..." Kaito commented wearily, getting to his feet before sheathing his sword. "At this rate, you'll be ready for whatever comes your way..." He chuckled, dusting himself off while heading towards the building inside the chamber as Luna followed.

Good... I just hope everyone is okay out there... The lavender haired Acaiian thought, entirely tired of being confined in this room. It's been nice catching up with Kaito... But let's just say I'll be happy when it's Akari's turn to take care of him again... She sighed, heading towards the kitchen as she started gathering ingredients for their meal.

They began their usual routine, Kaito taking a seat at the table as Luna worked on preparing their food, the other fighter in the room dragging his ash tray closer to him before lighting up a smoke.

"So what's Goku like?" He asked curiously, aware of the fact that their princess had been staying with him and his family up until this point. "Are all these Saiyans like that short, angry one I met before?" The white haired man inquired, tilting his head as Luna realized he was referencing Vegeta.

"Well, to start, he's nothing like Vegeta..." Luna stated, grinning while thinking back to when she had first met Goku on Namek. "He's brave and kind and a good father... When he's there anyway..." Luna mumbled, knowing like anyone, he had a few things he could work on in that department. "Living with him, Chi Chi, Gohan and Piccolo is nice... It really reminds me of being home..." She admitted, missing being away from all of them.

I can't believe it's already been so long... Luna realized, glancing out the window towards the giant hourglass outside. Well, it only seems like a long time for us... Outside, only a day will have passed... So crazy... She thought, continuing to watch the sand fall as she frowned, knowing they didn't have much time left...

"Wow..." Kaito replied, continuing to enjoy his cigarette as his comment seemed to snap her out of her daydreaming. "So Gohan is their son, right? He's the little kid I saw earlier?"

Luna nodded, hoping her adopted family was doing okay as Kaito chuckled, making her turn around in surprise.

"Well, I guess now's as good a time as any to tell you..." He said, looking as his friend seriously before a huge crooked smile spread across his face. "Akari's pregnant! We're going to have a baby!"