Chapter 48: Kami's Hesitation & Another Great Evil

Kami's eyes widened suddenly as Piccolo frowned, feeling something terrible going on as the older Namekian gazed over the side of the lookout with a sad expression.

"These new developments are most unsettling Mr. Popo..." Kami said, his tone laced with worry as he continued to stare down while observing everything that was happening below.

"Yes Kami..." Mr. Popo sighed, hoping that his friend would not have to give up his title as Gaurdian of the Earth.

"Haven't you gotten tired of standing there yet?" Piccolo questioned, smirking to himself as he knew the older man had to just be buying time... "You're just wasting your time you know... You can watch events unfold as long as you like, it won't change anything. We're still going to have to combine our powers to fight the androids..."

Kami sighed, figuring it was about time he started being honest with his other half... Starting with telling him about what was coming for them all soon...

"For the last four years I have felt a terrible disturbance taking shape on the Earth below..." Kami said, a bead of sweat rolling down the side of his face as he continued to feel the pain and suffering of this planet. "A great evil... But I'm afraid it wasn't the androids that I sensed..."

"Huh?" Piccolo frowned, turning around as he looked at the older Namekian who still had his back to him.

"There is another threat... A vile creature which I'm afraid will prove to be a hundred times more lethal and cunning than even the androids..." Kami sighed, closing his eyes as he wondered how they would all survive the horrors that were coming...

"What are you talking about?! Explain yourself right now, you hear me?!" Piccolo growled, standing up and walking towards Kami as he grabbed his shoudler to turn him around.

"I'm sure that they will come when I give up being Gaurdian of the Earth..." Kami stated, continuing to ignore Piccolo's question as he thought about how the Acaiians would play into this... "Then and only then, can we ever unite to fight as one!" He finished seriously, turning around quickly as Piccolo stepped back.

"Rrgh..."

"Piccolo..." Kami warned, looking at the other man seriously before speaking. "We will wait for this new evil to surface... And you will trust me... I know what is best for the Earth..." Kami went on, holding his walking stick tightly as he thought about those he could not save. "But until I know exactly what we're dealing with, I cannot make my decision..."

...

In the mountains near Goku's house...

...

Both Acaiians flew in silence, Kaito leading the way as Luna couldn't help but glance at him every now and then to make sure he was really there. I can't believe it... Luna thought, unable to wipe the grin off her face despite the situation they were all in right now. Wait until I tell Piccolo about this...

Kaito descended suddenly, both of them landing in a grassy field somewhere in the middle of a large forrest that Luna had flown over numerous times.

"I can't believe you've been so close all this time..." Luna mumbled, realizing it hadn't been that long since they'd left Goku's. "How long have you all been trying to find me?"

"We knew you were being held on Frieza's ship..." Kaito said with a frown, remembering the numerous stragedies they had come up with to try and rescue her. "But his elite fighters were just too strong for any of us, even Ryuuto... Then we heard about what had happened on Namek..."

"What?! How?"

"We had one of the scouters Frieza and his men used that Ryuuto got from Kami knows where..." Kaito mumbled, wondering how the old man continued to pull off everything he did. "Anyway, we were monitoring all his messages about everything that was happening... Until the planet exploded..." The silver haired man said in amusement, scratching his chin as he remembered that terrifying day.