Chapter 22: A Gruesome Battle (Part 2)

...

It was a beautiful day... It was warm, sunny and the soft summer breeze was blowing ever so slightly as three children ran through a field of sunflowers.

"Bet you can't catch me Akari!" A little boy with white hair shouted, laughing before disappearing from sight in the maze of plants.

"We'll see about that!" The girl in question giggled, following after her friend, her blonde locks swaying behind her as Luna tried to keep up.

"Kaito! Akari! Wait for me!" She squeaked playfully, chasing her friends as she heard them both giggling in front of her. The sound of their voices started to get farther and farther away as she desperately tried to catch up. "Wait!" She called, stopping for a moment to catch her breath as everything around her suddenly became silent. A chill ran down her spine as a scream pierced the air, making her panic.

"Akari... Kaito? T-this isn't funny anymore!" Luna shouted, her voice cracking as she started running again while looking for her friends. "Please! Answer me!"

Yellow petals began to fall around her she skidded to a stop, holding out her hands to catch a few as she stared at them in confusion. "Wh-what..." She looked up, gasping as she saw that the flowers were slowly dying... Withering away as the sky began to turn a deep shade of crimson. "Wh-what's going on..." Luna mumbled, tears forming in her eyes as she screamed. "Kaito! Akari!"

Suddenly the flowers around her fell, sinking into the ground as the dirt around her bare feet turned into mud, trapping her as well and slowly pulling her under. "Help me! Somebody! Help! Mother!" She screamed, closing her eyes as she cried.

"Luna..." Her mother's voice said calmly, grabbing her daughter's hands as she attempted to pull her out of the muck. Luna looked up at her mother's smiling face, crying out of happiness now that she was here to save her. "Mommy! I- I got lost! Kaito and Akari are gone... We have to find them!" She sniffed, looking around before glancing back at her mother who wore an expression of terror.

"M-mom... What's wrong-"

A beam of red energy slammed through her mother's chest as Luna watched her fall to the ground in horror, her lifeless silver eyes staring right at her. Her voice seemed to be caught in her throat as she struggled to breathe, her chest aching as she was unable to look away from the gruesome scene.

"Now... It's your turn!" Frieza shouted, causing her to turn around as she saw the monster laughing at her misery. "DIE!"

Luna awoke with a gasp, her eyes going wide as Dende sighed in relief, smiling at her briefly before speaking. "You were talking in your sleep..." He said lowly, before looking a little uncomfortable. "You were calling out for your mother-"

"Where's everyone else?" She said, cutting him off and quickly changing the subject as she looked around, spotting Krillin and Gohan not too far away.

"Hey! You're awake!" Gohan realized, jogging towards her as Krillin followed his lead. "How are you feeling?"

"Better now... Thanks to Dende..." She replied, sending a smile towards the child next to her. "What happened to Frieza? And where is your dad? And Vegeta and Nail?"

"That wasn't Nail... It was Piccolo." Gohan replied as Luna looked confused, thinking back on the last thing she remembered.

He... He looked just like him! I could have sworn-

"Piccolo fused with Nail," Dende explained, trying to put it simply. "They combined their energy and souls, but are of one body now."

"Wow..."