Chapter 21: A Gruesome Battle

Frieza had just finished powering up to his second form, smirking as he enjoyed seeing the color drain from the face's of his audience.

"All done. And judging by the expressions on your faces... So are you..."

His power... Vegeta thought, eyes wide as he stared at the monster in front of him. I never imagined it would increase so much! Shit!

"Let's be practical and put a number to that feeling, shall we?" Frieza taunted, noticing the terrified looks they were all sending him. "Last time I clocked this form it was at... One million."

"You're lying!" Vegeta argued, praying that his statement was true.

"Am I? Am I really?" Frieza smirked before raising his hand and blowing up the entire area surrounding him effortlessly. Rocks and debris rained down around them viciously as they all tried to recover.

"Krillin! Are you okay?!" Gohan shouted, looking around before seeing his friend floating behind him.

"Yeah, I'm fine! And I've got Dende too! We're okay!" He shouted, holding the tiny Namekian as he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Not for long!"

Before anyone could stop him, Frieza blasted up towards Krillin, the bald fighter only having a split second to push Dende away before one of the monster's large horns impaled him through the chest.

"KRILLIN! NOOOOOO!" Gohan screamed, watching in horror as his friend bled out before Frieza tossed him aside carelessly. His limp body splashed into the water below as Frieza laughed.

"KRILLIIIIIN!"

"One down, three to go..." Frieza laughed as something inside Gohan suddenly snapped.

The small boy screamed, a powerful aura surrounding him as he charged towards Frieza, punching him across the face and sending him flying.

What?! Where did this power come from? Vegeta frowned, his mouth hanging open as he watched the young Saiyan continue to knock Frieza around. And it's increasing!

"MASENKO HAAAA!" Gohan shouted, raising his hands as he gathered a huge ball of energy before sending it flying in Frieza's direction. The entire area around him exploded as a dark red light covered the entire battlefield, nearly knocking Vegeta back from the force of the blast.

Gohan floated in the air, looking down at Frieza's unmoving form as he panted, wondering if it was truly over...

I can't believe it... Vegeta thought, staring at the boy before he glanced at the crater in the ground where Frieza lay. It's impossible... From out of nowhere he just explodes with power like I've never seen before! No... There's just no way that kid could be a Super Saiyan...

"K-krillin..." Gohan mumbled, staring down at the water with tears in his eyes. "Are... Are you there?"

Suddenly, a few bubbles rose to the surface as Dende's head popped up, taking a deep breath as he pulled Krillin up with him. "He's okay Gohan! He's still breathing!"

"We don't have time to be worried about him!" Vegeta sneered, glaring at the dark haired boy. "If you think you've finished off Frieza, just look!"

"That wasn't very nice kid..." Frieza said lowly, brushing some dirt off his shoulder while glaring at the boy who was now shaking in fear. "I'll just have to teach you some manners!" He shouted, appearing in front of Gohan before he could dodge. A swift backhand to the face sent the boy flying as Frieza followed up with a knee to his stomach, knocking the wind out of the young Saiyan before smacking him into the ground.