Chapter 43: Another Android & An Angry Saiyan

"Get down!" Krillin shouted, diving out of the way as everyone else did the same.

Piccolo grabbed Luna by the back of her armor, both of them escaping just in time as the blast vaporized the entire lab.

The purple haired woman coughed, one hand remaining attached to Piccolo's arm as she used the other to wave at the air in front of her face. Both of them looking around as the smoke began to clear...

Krillin let out a sigh of relief, looking around while noticing that everyone was okay. "Well, that settles that... You're definitely Vegeta's kid..." The bald fighter mumbled as Vegeta made a sound of annoyance.

"Rrgh... Bad move." The Saiyan growled, glaring behind him at the lavender haired fighter. "What'd you go and do that for?"

"What's wrong?"

"Well, look... Down there..." Vegeta replied, nodding his head towards where the debris was still smoking.

"I don't understand... There's no way anyone could survive that..." Trunks argued, looking towards the remains of the mountain as the dust began to clear. "That was my most intense blast!"

"Looks like you spoke too soon..." Vegeta commented, noticing both androids standing on top of a large boulder below. "Now that's too bad..." The Saiyan went on, smirking in amusement as Trunks stared at the machines with wide eyes. "By doing that, you just showed them how weak you are!" He laughed, glancing back at the boy before continuing. "What exactly changed from you in the future and now?"

"More than I thought... Less than you'd think..." Trunks answered in frustration, glaring down at 17 and 18 as he watched the blonde woman toss Android 16's storage pod on the ground.

"Whatever..." 18 stated boredly, not really caring much about any of the drama above them. "Let's just pop this bad boy open..." She stated curiously, pressing the large red button on the side as the top slowly began to slide up.

18 smirked, losing her patience quickly as she kicked the lid off, revealing the strange looking android inside...

"O-oh no! They did it!" Krillin stammered nervously, watching with wide eyes as Android 16 slowly came to life. "Great! Now we'll have to fight another one!"

Android 16 opened his eyes, his pupils turning red for a moment before returning to their natural blue color. The large man pulled himself up, stepping out of the chamber cautiously before standing at his full height.

"Well good morning... It must feel good to get out of that coffin..." 17 stated, looking the taller android over curiously as he went on. "How long have you been cooped up in that container for anyway?"

Silence.

"Come on, speak..." 17 continued, raising one eyebrow as he looked at the red head. "Did Dr. Gero not give you a voice box? He tried to tell us it was dangerous to activate you..."

"Why would the doctor say such a thing?" 18 questioned, both of them waiting for an answer as 16 remained silent. "Do you know?"

"The strong silent type, huh?" 17 said with a chuckle, "Come on, let's go..."

"Where to?"

"To complete our mission... Are you with me 18?" The dark haired android asked seriously, glancing at 16 briefly as he went on. "16, Dr. Gero programmed you with a mission to destroy Goku, isn't that right?"

"That's right." Android 16 replied, his deep mechanical voice surprising both 17 and 18. "I am programmed with the sole purpose of murdering Son Goku."

"I'll be... So the big guy can speak after all..." 17 commented, crossing his arms as Luna swallowed nervously, listening in on their conversation from above. "I'm glad I killed him..."