Chapter 47: Goku's Nightmare

Over at Kame House...

...

Master Roshi, Oolong and Turtle sat around a small table, eating ramen and watching tv as Chiaotzu finished cooking their second course. Suddenly, the door to the small beach house opened, revealing Tien as he looked at everyone inside seriously before speaking.

"I'm here for Chiaotzu... We need to train."

"But Tien..." Chiaotzu squeaked, taking his apron off quickly as he wondered what was going on. "The doctor said if your shoulders get any bigger-"

"That's why we don't see him anymore."

"Wait... So you didn't beat the androids?!" Master Roshi shouted, looking at the three eyed fighter in shock as he waited for an explaination.

"Well, they broke both of Vegeta's arms... So you know, that was pretty fun..." He said boredly, not really wanting to have the same conversation multiple times today. "Otherwise it was a total wash..." He finished with a sigh, turning around and taking off before anyone could ask anything more.

"Tien, wait!" Chiaotzu shouted, flying after him quickly as Master Roshi and Oolong watched them go in silence.

"I can never read that guy..." Oolong mumbled, wondering what would happen now as Master Roshi ran to get his laptop...

...

Back with the rest of the Z Fighters...

...

"So... Both arms, huh?" Yamcha questioned, continuing to fly the plane while thinking about what a scene that must have been.

"Both." Krillin replied seriously, thinking back on his encounter with the blonde woman. "She was beautiful with a capital B- I mean brutal... Uncomfortably brutal..." He corrected, crossing his arms as he looked down at the floor of the ship with a strange expression. "I wasn't distracted by her eyes..."

"So wait... Trunks?" Gohan asked, getting the lavender haired boy's attention as everyone listened in. "I'm curious... If you came back in time again to help us, does that mean we already failed?"

"Actually, turns out that's not how time travel works..." Trunks sighed, preparing to explain to them all what he meant.

"So you're saying I can't just take your time machine, go back in time and tell myself not to date Marron?" Krillin asked, wondering if that actually was a possibility...

"I don't know who that is." Trunks answered, looking at him with a blank expression before continuing. "But no, you couldn't... I mean, you could but it wouldn't be the same you..." He went on, wondering how he could get them all to grasp this complex topic. "You see, when I travel back to the past, I'm technically going to a different universe..."

"Oh... You mean multiverse theory?" Gohan said casually, surprising everyone as Trunks stared at the young boy with wide eyes.

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah... With every decision, it creates a branch in the timeline..." Gohan went on as Chi Chi looked on proudly. "Whenever you travel back in time you're actually entering another parallel universe."

"How could you possibly-"

"I've been studying theorhetical physics..." Gohan explained, realizing he should probably rephrase that. "Although at this point I guess it's just physics..."

"Good... Then if that's all out of the way, we can start your review on cellular biology..." Chi Chi said happily, searching for the right textbook as Gohan started whining.