Chapter 24: Fluff & Fun Times

"HAAA!" Luna shouted while punching a huge tree, watching in satisfaction as it shattered.

She had been at this for a while now, almost clearing out a whole section of the forest as she tried to distract herself from how bad she felt. Finally she stopped, catching her breath as she surveyed all the damage she had done.

So much for controlling my emotions... She thought, wincing in pain as she looked down at her knuckles, noticing they were torn apart and bleeding. Luna sighed, not even bothering to heal them while feeling completely physically and emotionally exhausted.

Why can't I do it? Why can't I use my powers?! She thought angrily, walking away from all the destruction as she found a tree that was still intact before sitting under it. What am I going to do if I choke up during a real fight?

She reflected on what her mother had said... About needing to train her powers before she could control them properly.

I wish you were here to tell me what to do... I really need your advice right now... Luna thought, remembering the happy times with her family. Ever since she had gotten to Earth, she was surrounded by people who had all those things that she so desperately wanted.

Whenever she spent time at the Son's house or Capsule Corp she was only reminded of what she didn't have. Family... Friends... I mean sure, she had friends. All of Goku's friends and acquaintances seemed to like her well enough... But she longed for a deeper connection with someone. She missed her family and her friends... And they were all gone forever.

Luna felt a wetness on her cheeks, not even realizing she had been crying as she reached up to wipe her face. "What the hell is wrong with me..." She scoffed, knowing she had to become tougher emotionally.

I should go apologize to Piccolo too... She realized, grimacing at how she had reacted. I know he's just trying to make me stronger... Maybe I'll talk to him tomorrow...

Luna yawned, still pretty tired since her nap earlier had been cut short as she leaned back in the grass, noticing it was starting to get dark. She put her hands behind her head, using them as a pillow as she watched the sun set before drifting off into the land of dreams...

...

The next morning...

...

Luna woke up to the sound of birds chirping, feeling rather warm and comfy as she realized something was on top of her. "Huh? What's this?" She mumbled, sitting up while holding some sort of soft white fabric in her hands before a deep voice made her jump.

"Finally... I thought you were going to sleep forever." Piccolo smirked, watching her from a few feet away as she looked over at him in surprise.

Did... Did he stay out here with me? Luna thought sleepily, staring at him in confusion for a moment before remembering what she had wanted to say.

"Hey... Piccolo....... About yesterday-"

"It was my fault." He said, cutting her off as he frowned while getting up from his meditation. "I shouldn't have pushed you that hard. You obviously weren't ready... So, I... I'm sorry." He finished quietly, apparently not used to saying those words very often as Luna smiled, noticing the uncomfortable look on his face.

"I was going to apologize as well..." She said, getting up and picking up his cape before handing it back to him. "I over reacted for sure... I know I need to work harder on keeping my cool when we're training..."

Piccolo nodded, glad she was back to her cheery self as he remembered there was something else he had to do. "Gohan asked me to tell you about the get together at Kame House today... You should go."