Chapter 9: Elder Guru's Blessing

"Oh no! You guys are not leaving me alone again!" Bulma shouted, sending a nasty glare towards Krillin and Gohan. "What if someone comes this way looking for a dragonball?!"

Krillin sighed, scratching his head as he tried to think up a plan. "Hey Gohan... Would you mind staying behind for a bit? I promise we won't be gone long..."

Gohan nodded, seeming a little disappointed but nonetheless, he did what he was told. "Yeah, Bulma and I will wait here for you guys... Just be careful, okay?"

"Great, thanks buddy... We'll do our best." Krillin said, glancing at Luna before turning his attention to the Namekian. "Alright, you ready Dende?"

The tiny child nodded as he floated upwards, followed by Luna and Krillin. Luna sent a reassuring wave towards Bulma and Gohan before they took off. "See you guys in a bit!" She smiled, ready to meet whoever Dende thought would be able to help them.

...

Meanwhile, back on Frieza's ship...

...

"Lord Frieza, I have some news I think you'll be very interested to hear..."

"What is it Zarbon?" Frieza questioned impatiently, ready to take out his rage on the next unfortunate soul who delivered unpleasant news.

"I encountered Vegeta while searching for the final dragonballs..." Zarbon said, aware of the fact that he needed something good to report as he still had been unable to locate another village. "And I just wanted to let you know, he won't be causing us any more trouble. He barely put up a fight after I transformed... Now that he's dead we have very little left to worry about."

Frieza paused for a moment, a slight frown gracing his features before he continued. "Zarbon, about an hour ago a scout informed me that an entire village was completely destroyed... Do you possibly know who could have done that?"

Zarbon gulped nervously before answering. "Ve-Vegeta..."

"And unlike all the other villages we visited so far, there was no dragonball there. Do you know who could have possibly taken it?"

"...Vegeta."

"Veeeery good! Now, use your brain for this one, Zarbon." Frieza said slowly as if speaking to a child. "If somebody were to know where that dragonball was... Who would it be?"

"Vegeta-"

"Vegeta, yes. And you said you... Killed him?"

"Wait, sir! It is possible I just left him unconscious!" Zarbon stuttered as he watched Frieza's face lighten up a bit.

"Oh, good. And where did you leave him?"

"At the bottom of a lake..."

Frieza sighed in irritation before shouting, "Minion forty-three, would you come in here for a second? I need an example..."

A man with blonde hair entered the room quickly, saluting the tyrant before speaking. "Private Namole reporting! An example of what, Lord FriezAAAAAAAHHHHH!"

Before he could finish his sentence, Frieza had blasted him into nothing using only one finger as he directed his attention back on the teal man who looked absolutely terrified.

"You see that Zarbon? That's you if Vegeta is not in front of me in the next ten minutes."

"U-uh..."

"Bye!"

Zarbon wasted no time, taking off immediately as he rocketed forward to the place where he had last seen the prince. Knowing that this time, if he messed up... It would be his last mistake.