Chapter 13: Or Not

"Again!" Vegeta shouted, his patience with the girl running thin.

Luna gathered a good amount of energy in her hand, just like he had taught her, before launching it in his direction. The Saiyan made no move to dodge it as her attack hit him right in the chest, knocking him back a bit but otherwise doing very little damage...

"Argh! This isn't getting us anywhere!" He shouted angrily, glaring at the purple haired woman in front of him while getting an idea.

"No wonder Frieza saw it fit to exterminate your disgustingly weak race..."

Luna's eyes went wide for a moment, her brain registering what he had just said before her body reacted on instinct alone. She rushed forward, delivering a swift kick to the prince's side that sent him flying a good distance as she dove after him quickly, continuing to pummel him with punches before raising both hands in the air with a scream.

Vegeta's confident smirk fell from his face as it was replaced with a look of shock as he watched the ball of energy in her hands get bigger and bigger before she threw it down where he was laying. He fought his urge to dodge as he was mildly impressed with how much he was able to teach the girl in a short amount of time.

Maybe she will prove somewhat useful after all... He thought, bracing himself for the pain as her attack hit him full force.

Luna floated in the air, panting in exhaustion as she glared down at the crater where the Saiyan had just been. They had been at this for hours and Luna didn't know how much more she could take.

That bastard... He just had to push me... She frowned, waiting for the smoke from her attack to clear as she sighed. She flew down to where she saw him crouched, approaching cautiously as she kneeled beside him, the familiar blue glow of her healing energy casting a light over his badly injured shoulder.

A hand shot up, grabbing her wrist as he stopped her, making her gasp in surprise.

"You have to know," Vegeta rasped, staring at her with one eye shut in pain. "It will take more than a pathetic attack like that to almost kill me."

Luna frowned, yanking her arm from his grasp as she stood up, glaring down at the stubborn Saiyan.

"Well, sorry!" She yelled, fed up with his whole 'I'm better than you' attitude. "I'm doing the best I can here! And despite you criticizing me and my race, I'm still trying to help you!" Luna finished with a sigh, knowing it was in her best interest to keep her calm around someone who could easily kill her.

"You know, this would be a lot easier if you would just let Krillin and Gohan fight you... Then, I could heal-"

"I am NOT teaming up with those weaklings!"

"You said it yourself!" Luna shouted in frustration, her patience completely gone. "Every moment we waste, Frieza is making plans to kill us all! Just hear me out Vegeta..." She tried, hoping he would at least listen to her argument. "Frieza needs to be stopped... I don't care who is the one to do it! We've both lost so much because of that monster... Our people, our planets..." Luna continued, her voice becoming more solemn as she thought back on everything that was gone forever.

"I understand what it's like to lose everything Vegeta... Please... We have to do anything in our power to stop him-"

"The only way that will happen is if I'm able to make my wish for immortality!" He growled, slamming his fist on the ground before standing up and walking away.

"I'll talk to Krillin and Gohan!" Luna pleaded, willing to take that risk. "I know we can't defeat him on our own-"

Vegeta held up a finger, effectively silencing her as she watched him direct his attention towards something in the distance.