Chapter 39: Z Fighters vs. The Androids (Part 5)

A/N: Grab a drink and a snacc for this chapter, it's a long one!

...

"Nobody kills Kakarot while I'm around! Destiny has reserved that pleasure for me..." Vegeta stated simply, a cocky grin on his face as he glanced at the other Z Fighters for a moment.

"Wow... Vegeta..." Krillin stammered, everyone watching in shock as the Prince of all Saiyans stared down Android 19.

"Vegeta..." Luna mumbled, looking over at the dark haired man standing near Goku with wide eyes.

"Rrgh... That's who it was!" Piccolo said suddenly, sitting up as Luna and Gohan looked at him in surprise."

Piccolo! You're okay!" Gohan said happily as Luna smiled, unaware of the angry glare Android 20 was sending her way."I admit, the move I made wasn't very smart... But I wanted to help Goku out..." Piccolo growled, frowning over at the Saiyan as everyone listened. "And then, boom! Vegeta got in my way..."

"You're pitiful Kakarot..." Vegeta said seriously, glaring down at the fighter on the ground. "You were warned about the heart virus... You should have known that turning into a Super Saiyan could only make it worse! Really Kakarot, you're far too forgiving to be a great warrior..." Vegeta taunted, crossing his arms as he noticed the man below him seemed to be in pretty rough shape.

"I'll finish these androids but then you're next, got it?" Vegeta said confidently, glancing over at Piccolo and the others for a moment before kicking the Saiyan's body their way. "Good..." He finished with a laugh, ready to show them all what a real Saiyan could do...

"Daddy! No..." Gohan cried, hovering over his father as Piccolo dropped him on the ground.

Luna checked his vitals, a small frown appearing on her face when she realized exactly how deadly this virus was. "We've got to get him that antidote right away..." She said, a light blue glow seeping through her fingers as she tried to ease some of the pain he was in.

"Oh man, Goku!" Krillin said worriedly as everyone crowded around them.

"He's holding on by a thread!" Tien added as Android 20 continued to observe them all.

"He's unconscious but he's still breathing..." Luna explained, closing her eyes as she sensed the faint amount of energy flowing through Goku's body.

"Hang in there Goku..." Yamcha said quietly before Vegeta finally spoke up.

"One of you needs to take Kakarot home right now and give him the antidote... He's running out of time!"

"Come on dad..." Gohan said as Luna helped lift him up. "You're going to be alright... I promise! I'm taking you home..."

"Please, let me!" Yamcha said quickly, stepping forward to help. "They need you kid... And you too Luna..." The fighter explained, a nervous smile forming on his face as he went on. "Sad to say, but I'd just be in the way here..."

"Yamcha..." Luna said quietly, looking at him with sad eyes as she knew he was probably right.

"Hey, you better take a swig of that antidote too..." Piccolo added, glancing at Yamcha as he threw Goku over his shoulder. "If the disease is viral, there's a good chance you could get it as well."

"Right! Thanks Piccolo..."

"I'm counting on you Yamcha!" Gohan said seriously, nodding as he stared up at his friend. "Take care!"

"Better get a move on..." Piccolo advised, eager to get back to the battle with the androids.

"Right, we'll be okay... Just stay alive until we get back!" Yamcha said lightly, even though his eyes indicated how serious he was. Everyone nodded their head as they watched two of their friends getting ready to depart. "Alright Goku... Let's do it..." Yamcha mumbled, jumping into the air as he headed in the direction of the Son house.