Chapter 28: The Waiting Game

They all followed the mysterious fighter, making sure to keep their distance as he touched down in a flat section of the rocky terrain, a short distance away from where Frieza's ship had landed. He looked around as everyone continued to watch him, nodding to himself as he checked his watch before glancing towards his audience for a moment.

The lavender haired man pulled out a small white case from the pocket of his jacket, opening it up before pulling out one of the capsules inside. He clicked the button on top, tossing the tiny device on the ground as it blew up with a poof of smoke. A small fridge was there when the smoke cleared, everyone watching tensely as he walked forward, opening up the door.

"Look out you guys, he's up to something!" Yamcha said quickly, growing tense before he saw what was inside.

"How about a cold drink?" The strange boy asked lightly, glancing behind him as he pulled out one for himself. "Goku's not due to arrive for two more hours... It's pretty hot and dry out here..." He finished, laughing nervously before popping the top to his drink and taking a sip.

"Well, I don't see why not..." Bulma said, smiling as she walked forward with Gohan who cheered happily. Luna floated over there after them, wondering if maybe he had something sweet in there she could have...

Vegeta growled as Krillin looked rather panicked. "Wait! Gohan-"

"Chill out Krillin, they're just sodas..." Bulma laughed sarcastically, walking up to the fridge and grabbing herself a root beer.

"Oh, wow! What a great selection!" Gohan said as Luna peeked over his shoulder curiously.

"Which one is good Gohan?" She asked seriously, not wanting a repeat of what happened the last time she tried to drink something with a label she couldn't read. "Pick me something sweet please..."

Gohan grinned, handing her a citrus flavored drink while taking an orange one for himself and opening it up. "Ah! Good stuff!"

"Yeah, super!" Bulma agreed, sipping her own drink as Luna tried hers while smiling happily.

"Is there, uh, grape guys?" Krillin said awkwardly, completely mind blown that they were all initially terrified of this guy and now were casually having sodas with the strange fighter.

Bulma stared at the lavender haired man, wondering where she might have seen him before. "Have we met?" She asked finally, watching in amusement as he looked away quickly. "You look so familiar..."

"Uh, no... Sorry..."

"Excuse me Mr., but how do you know my dad?" Gohan said, interrupting the awkwardness as everyone listened in, curious as well.

"Actually... I haven't met your dad before... I've only just heard about him..." The Saiyan explained shyly, trying not to reveal too much.

"Then how do you know he's going to arrive at this spot in two hours?" Luna asked, genuinely curious as she hovered closer, finally getting a good look at this new Super Saiyan.

"Well, that's uh... Sorry, I can't say..." He stuttered, looking down as Vegeta made a sound of annoyance, growing tired of this boy's pitiful excuses.

"Why not? I'll tell you... Because you're up to something!" The Prince of all Saiyans said harshly, seeing no good reason this stranger would have to hide his identity from them. "Tell us now tough guy, who are you?!"

The younger man in question frowned, his eyes growing distant for a moment before he responded calmly. "I wish I could... Sorry."

Piccolo's frown never left his face as he watched the scene before him, wondering what would happen once Goku showed up...