Chapter 27: Another Super Saiyan

I've never sensed anything like this before... Vegeta thought to himself as they all climbed towards the place where Frieza's ship had landed, doing their best to avoid using any energy at all. Where could this power have come from?!

Luna and Gohan helped Bulma up the rocks, all of them getting closer and closer to a cliff that over looked the ship as a few explosions echoed throughout the canyon, making the ground shake. Bulma whined, clinging to Luna's arm as she yanked the girl towards her, hugging her nervously as Puar squeaked, doing the same thing to Yamcha.

"Sounds like the fight's starting without us!" Yamcha commented apprehensively, glancing at the two girls as they finally made their way onto the top of the over look where the others were standing.

"Ugh! Somebody stop this thing! I wanna get off!" Bulma whined, dropping to her knees as she pouted on the ground while more sounds of destruction could be heard in the distance.

"I miss flying..." Luna said to herself as the small Saiyan beside her laughed quietly, nodding his head in agreement before looking towards Piccolo, Vegeta and Tien who were standing in front of them.

"Guys..." Gohan said suddenly, a look of hope flashing across his face for a moment as he picked up on the strange energy once more. "It might be my dad!"

"You think?" Krillin asked, not entirely convinced that it was Goku. "I hate to be a downer kid, but-"

"Who else would try to take on Frieza alone?" Gohan added quickly, wanting to believe it was true that his father had come back just in time to save them all.

Luna smiled weakly, playing with a strand of purple hair while thinking about it for a moment. "I don't know Gohan..." She said hesitantly, unsure of how to say this without hurting the boy's feelings. She was rather inexperienced in the art of sensing energies, but even she knew right away the power that was fighting Frieza and King Cold right now was far too strong to be Goku... Or was it?

Was he really able to get that much stronger with all his training in space? Is that why he didn't want to come back right away?

"It just doesn't seem possible..."

"Kakarot?! No... I absolutely refuse to believe it..." Vegeta hissed, a huge frown on his face as he ground his teeth together, thinking about the possibility of that massive power actually belonging to that third class idiot. "There's no way his power level could have increased this much... It's impossible! Even if he is a Super Saiyan!"

A huge blast in front of them got everyone's attention, all of them watching as huge clouds of smoke and ash billowed into the the air. Just a short distance ahead was Frieza and his father, along with another mysterious fighter that was stronger than both of those monsters combined...

Luna shivered, rubbing her arms as she tried to ease her nervousness. I hope I'm wrong and that is Goku up there... She thought, her eyes narrowing a bit as she imagined what might happen if it wasn't. We wouldn't stand a chance if we had to fight him...

"If that's Goku..." Krillin mumbled, frowning before running forward and jumping into the air.

"No! You'll give us all away!" Vegeta growled, grabbing his arm quickly before yanking him back. "Until I know what we're dealing with, I'd prefer to remain unnoticed! So unless I tell you otherwise..." Vegeta ordered, increasing his grip on Krillin's arm as he glared at him for a moment before tossing him onto the ground. "You stay put!"

"You okay Krillin?" Gohan asked, jogging up to his friend as Luna looked over, obviously concerned as well.

"Just my pride..." The bald fighter muttered, picking himself up before sighing. "Man Gohan... What are we supposed to do? What if Goku actually is over there... And what if he needs our help right now and we're all just sitting here doing absolutely nothing!" He finished in a yell, punching the ground as everyone remained quiet.