Chapter 38: Z Fighters vs. The Androids (Part 4)

In a remote location...

...

After flying for a good distance 20 began to grow bored, eventually glancing down while noticing what type of terrain they were flying above. "I am beginning to grow impatient..." 20 stated, frowning at the man flying in front of him as he went on. "Where are you leading us?"

Goku didn't respond, only speeding up a bit as he knew he had to get as far away from any cities or towns as possible. Something just doesn't feel right for some reason... He thought, narrowing his eyes as bit as he fought the heavy feeling in his chest.

"Very well... This is far enough." Android 20 said, stopping dead in his tracks as 19 did the same. "I have decided for you. We will fight here..."

All four Z Fighters watched as both androids descended slowly, everyone following them down as they all landed on the rough terrain.

Hmm... Why did he pick this spot? Piccolo thought to himself, looking around as he scanned the area. Let's see... High ground surrounded by rocky outcrops... That could mean they're thinking of using these rocks as cover... He realized, frowning as he glared back at both androids. "We mustn't underestimate them you guys..." Piccolo warned, looking over at Luna purposefully as he noticed she seemed to be distracted.

Luna watched Goku as he stared down the androids, observing him with worry as he looked as though he had just finishing one of their training sessions. Something's wrong... He couldn't have used up that much energy just flying here...

"Before we get this little show started, I want to know how you knew our names!" Goku said quickly, glaring at the man in front of him as he struggled to keep his breathing even.

"Yes, of course... As you wish. Though I doubt it will matter much to you after a few moments when you have been ground to a pulp." Android 20 stated coldly, "But if this is the last thing you wish to hear before you die... I will tell you." He went on, his face growing more serious as he began his story. "You have been under close observation for some time, by a highly sophisticated remote tracking device... This device was calibrated to hone in on your very distinct energy pattern and was planted on you during the World Martial Arts Tournament when you were still a boy... From that day forward, your every movement was monitored... Your fighting techniques studied... The secrets of your Kamehameha Wave revealed... Over the years, Dr. Gero followed your many battles, he witnessed your skills develop at a remarkable rate... He watched as your power soared to astounding new heights... And by watching, he learned..." Android 20 went on with a smirk, noticing that he had his entire audience hanging on to his every word. "You were studied until Dr. Gero had gathered enough information to create the perfect fighting machines... Powerful machines, machines fully capable of destroying you... The way you destroyed the Red Ribbon Army..." He said with spite, staring directly at Goku.

"This is just a grudge?!" Goku asked in shock, staring back at the android in disbelief.

"From the day you defeated the Red Ribbon Army, Dr. Gero dreamed only of revenge... We will realize his dream."

"So you're supposed to be one of these 'perfect fighting machines' I take it?" Piccolo asked, not seeing what was so terrifying about these two as Android 20 looked back at him creepily.

"Yes I am. I have been designed by my creator to be superior to you in every possible way... A shame he could not live to see this day..."

"I'm curious... Was he spying on me while I was fighting on planet Namek?" Goku asked, noticing he didn't say anything about their battles there yet.

"There was no more need. By that time, Dr. Gero had compiled all of the necessary information concerning your skills..." Android 20 stated as everyone looked at him in surprise. "It was assumed that your power would continue to increase over time, so that increase was calculated and factored into our design." Android 20 went on, glancing at Luna with a frown. She was the only thing that wasn't a part of their plan...