Chapter 45: A Defeat & New Options

"What?! You mean... They even knew about the senzu beans?" Piccolo said in shock, looking at Krillin as he nodded.

"I don't get it..." Luna mumbled, looking around at her friends with a confused expression. "They know everything about us... Why didn't they just finish us off?"

"Those two could have squashed all of us like flies..." Tien agreed, clenching his fists as he thought about what had happened. "They were just toying with us! Man... This is all Vegeta's fault!"

"Hey! Don't blame him..." Piccolo spoke up while glaring at the other fighter. "We all underestimated their strength... Which was a mistake!" He went on, looking at everyone intensely before continuing. "But we can't afford to make anymore... The androids may not be so forgiving next time..."

Before anyone could say another word, Vegeta took off, blasting away as fast as he could as everyone could do nothing but stare after him.

"Vegeta!" Krillin shouted, knowing it was already too late to stop him.

"H-hey! Wait!" Luna said quickly, watching as Trunks began running after his father.

"Trunks! Let him go..." Piccolo shouted, getting the boy's attention as he stopped. "Leave him alone..." Piccolo continued, knowing that the only thing that would help the Saiyan was time..."

Ever since Vegeta became a Super Saiyan his ego has been out of control..." Piccolo explained, everyone listening to his words as he spoke as though he had dealt with these problems first hand. "Honestly, I think what that android hurt the most today was his pride. He is very ashamed of his defeat..."

Trunks just sighed, powering down as he knew Piccolo was right.

"I know how he feels..." Luna said quietly, lowering her head as she thought about how hard they had all trained, just to be tossed aside like rag dolls. "We worked so hard... But they were still stronger than all of us put together..."

"No Luna, I'm sorry..." Krillin said suddenly, surprising everyone as he frowned. "I should have been fighting right alongside with you guys but I was just too scared..." He admitted, looking down as everyone remained silent for a moment.

"Don't sweat it." Piccolo said, looking at him seriously. "Trunks is a Super Saiyan and it only took one punch from those androids to take him out of the fight... Even if you had joined us Krillin, we would not have won today." He finished, saying the words as though they left a sour taste in his mouth.

"Rrgh... I wish Goku was here!" Krillin shouted, knowing they had to do something about the killer androids that were searching for him at this very moment.

"Trunks... You were able to take out Frieza single-handedly..." Luna said, looking at the boy to her left as she thought back to that battle. "And you're one of the strongest people I've ever met... But even if we have Goku... How will we stand a chance?"

"Goku is strong..." Tien added, seeing her point as he thought about it. "But in all honesty, I don't see how he can be that much stronger than Trunks or Vegeta... And if that's the case, we're done for!" He finished nervously as Krillin shuddered.

"I don't get it... These androids are much stronger than the ones I fought in my time..." Trunks admitted, looking at the ground as he thought back to his fights with Gohan.

"Wait... Trunks, what do you mean?" Piccolo asked suddenly, getting everyone's attention."The androids I fought were stronger than me but not this much..." Trunks replied, wondering how this could even be possible. "The kind of strength these new androids have is off the charts... I don't understand how the timeline could have changed so much!"