Losing Hope

Fluttershy's Point Of View-

I wave to my friends as I leave school. 

"Bye guys! See you tomorrow!" I wave at them and start running to my car.

"You going to see her again?" I turn and looked at Rarity who was by Applejack's side.

"Yeah, just like I have been. Why?" I walk over to her and stand there awkwardly.

"Well, we're just worried about you darling. You have been going there for a month. You leave in a hurry, go to the hospital, stay until they make you leave, then you go home." Rarity looked at Applejack while explaining. 

"Don't you think you should take some time off and get caught up on schoolwork or something?" Applejack said scratching the back of her neck. The two of them looked between each other before looking at me.

"I don't have anything to get caught up on. I get all of my work done. I'm not slacking on any health or hygiene. Nothing's wrong with me. Why should you be worried?" They shouldn't be worried. Well, maybe for Dash. But not for me. I'm fine. I'm fine....

"It's nothing like that." Rarity laughed a little. "Were just saying, when was the last time you did something for yourself?" Rarity smiled before her face turned serious again.

"Why does it matter?" I look down and rub my left arm. "I get my work done. I take a shower every night. And why would I need to do something for myself?" I step back again and look up at them in anger. "Do you guys even care if she wakes up?" I felt hot tears starting to stream down my face.

"It's not that sugar cube, it's just that-" I stopped listening at what they were saying. I put my hands at my side and felt my hands forming into a fists. I felt my finger nails digging into my skin and I clenched them harder.

"I'm leaving. I don't have to listen to anything you guys say." I undid my hands and wiped my tears. I turned away from them and started walking to my car. I put hands on my arms and looked down.

"I told you she would react the same way she did a week ago. Let's just go." I heard Rarity say before a car door slammed. I got into my car and started going to the hospital. I pulled onto the highway and squeeze the steering wheel.

Did they not care about her? Whether she would wake up or not? Did they just forget about one of there closest friends? I would have hoped they wouldn't. Pinkie is still so sad about it. And I know they are to, I just wish they wouldn't act like they don't care. Like Twilight. I haven't heard from her at all. No one has. She hasn't came to school since it happened. Everyone's acting nothing has changed. Like nothing ever happened.... Maybe it's just me? Maybe I need to move on? No. You can't give up on her. Not like everyone else has.

I pull into the hospital parking lot and park my car. I grab my keys and bag before getting out of my car. I wave at the familiar desk lady before going to the elevators. I press the button and my eyes widen as one of the doors immediately open. I get in the elevator and press the button that will take me to the fourth floor.

"Miss! Please wait for me!" I watch as a man runs towards the elevator. My eyes widen and I put my hand on door. It stops as soon as I put my hand out. The guy stops and pants as he puts his hands on his knees. I laugh as he continues to run towards the elevator. He steps into the elevator before looking at me.

"Thanks so much. I'm already late." He looks at his watch before smiling at me.

"It's no problem." I push the button that will take me to the fourth floor again. I look at him and he smiles. His eyes widen at what I was doing.

"Oh! Fifth floor please." He rubs the back of his neck and looks away. I push the button and step back. I put my hands in front of me and wait for the elevator to move.

"So, what are you doing here? Like, are you here to see someone?" I look over at the guy who was now looking at me.

"Yeah. I'm here to see my friend who's in a coma." I turn towards him and smile at his attempt to start a conversation.

"Oh. Does she have rainbow hair?" 

"Yeah. How did you know?" I ask wondering how he knew her.

"I see her all the time." He says casually before his eyes widen one again. "I'm not a creeper or anything!" He waves his hands in the air before sighing. "I'm just one of the janitors here." He looks up at me hoping I would believe him. "I'm sorry.... I'm usually this awkward."

"It's okay." I don't think I have smiled this much in a long time. The doors open and I begin to step out.

"Wait!" I turn back and see his hand stopping the elevator. "I never got your name."

"Fluttershy." I say looking down.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Fluttershy." He walks out of the elevator and put his hand out. I look at his hand before shaking it. "I'm Discord." I smile at his unusual name before turning to walk away.

"It was nice meeting you. See you later." I say before walking down the familiar hallway. I walk up to the lady at the desk.

"Excuse me miss. Has there been any change on Rainbow Dash? She's in room three hundred five." The lady looks at me with a smile before typing something on her computer. She looks back at me.

"Nothing that I see." I smile before walking away. I walk past some nurses and carts before finally coming into her room. 

I walk in and take a seat in my normal seat and put my bag down. I look up at Dash to see her still lying there. She hasn't moved an inch.

"Hey Dash. I'm back again. I was in class today, and I started writing something." I reach down in my bag before pulling out a notebook. "I wrote a something." I look at her and see her not move.

Why do I always expect her to?

"I don't know if I should read it to you or not." I make a small laugh while trying to find the page.

"I think you should." I look over and see the nurse walk in.

"Really?" I look at my notebook before deciding to put it away. "So how have you been? I mean, since yesterday." I watch as she checks everything on Rainbow. She still has the bandage on her head, but the bruises and cuts on her face have pretty much healed. The ace bandage on her hand is no longer there anymore and neither is the bandage that was once on her left hand. Her left leg was still in a cast but there weren't bruises on her legs anymore.

"Oh, the usual. The hospital hasn't been to busy today. What about you? She said now looking at me.

"I'm alright. Hey, can I ask you a question?" My eyes start to well up at the thought of my question.

"Yeah, sure." She came around the bed before sitting by me. I feel a tear roll down my face as I look up at her.

"Will she ever wake up?" I look between her eyes and notice the empathy in them.

"Oh sweetie." She wipes the hair away from my face. "I'm sure she will some time. The way you talk about her, she sounds like a fighter." She gives me a small smile before standing up.

"Thanks." I wipe my tears and watch her leave. But when I look back and Dash, I feel the tears rolling down my face again.

"Please wake up...." I put my head in my hands as I continue to cry.