Home Sweet Home

Fluttershy's Point Of View-

I looked at my mom as she held my hands and messed with my fingers. 

I wasn't sure that I was ready for whatever is was that she was about to tell me... Or maybe, maybe it was good news? Maybe she finally kicked him out. Maybe she was finally free from his filthy hands.

I smiled at the thought of her being happy.

"I didn't kick him out, honey. I know you may not have wanted to hear that but... Hear me out." I ran my hands threw my hair as I began to get anxious. "Zypher and I... We're moving out. I know you wouldn't like it but I thought it was the best way to just leave all of this behind." I felt my eyes well up with tears as I stood up. 

"Y-you can't just move out! This is your house! This was... This was grandmas house..." I felt tears run down my face as my head became consumed with thoughts.

I thought of the time I came home from school and he got so angry at me for taking my shoes off or something small I did... And he... He pinned me by my neck against a wall. Or all the times he whipped me with his belt... Every time he told me how worthless I was... The time he broke my wrist by throwing me across the living room. All the bruises and scars he left on me, physically and emotionally.

I wiped the tears off my face as more tears came as I broke down.

"Mom, he's done bad things to us. He's hurt us! He needs to be in prison. You can't really tell me that-"

"Honey, I know. But this is just-" I interrupted her by putting my hand up.

"Please, just... Give me a second." I felt bad for walking out in the middle of that conversation but I needed some space.

I slowly walked up the stairs and looked at the several doors in front of me. I looked at the familiar pink door with green butterflies on it. I walked up to the door and slowly took a deep breath before I opened the door.

I hesitantly looked around the unchanged room. I sat on my bed as I looked at a book shelf I had.

I started thinking of my grandma as I saw a picture of us on the shelf. I was smiling on a swing as she pushed me. God, I miss her so much. I bet she would know what to do...

"Grandma! Come look at what I got for my birthday!" I grabbed my grandma's hand as I led her to my room. 

"Woah! Slow down little bunny." I looked back at her as she smiled. I dragged her all the way to my room and let go of her hand.

I grabbed a book off the shelf as I watched her sit on the bed.

"It's about princess's and prince's getting married! And they have to defeat the evil king." I sat on the bed next to her and put the book in her lap. I watched her flip through some of the pages before closing the book.

"This looks like a wonderful story. Did your mom get it for you?" I nodded my head as I took the book and set it in my lap.

"Grandma? You think I'm going to be a princess one day?" I looked up at her as she softly smiled at me.

"You can be whatever you want honey. You can marry a handsome prince or a kind boy. Passion and love have no boundaries." I scrunched up my face as I became confused.

"Wait, what if I marry a princess? Can I still be a princess then?" My face lit up at the idea of marrying a pretty princess like in my story. She softly kissed my forehead.

"If that's what your heart desires. But remember, be kind. Even to people who aren't as nice to you."

I felt tears run down my face as I remembered that day. I suddenly realized what I had to do, I realize what she meant.

"Hey sweetheart, are you alright?" My mom said as she softly knocked on the door and peeked into my room. She walked in and sat next to me.

"Mom, I-I'm sorry about earlier I just... I have a lot on my mind." She slowly started rubbing my back.

"I know, it's alright. I understand... Now, you want to help me pack? Your brother is at the store so it will be awhile before he comes back... He's probably flirting with every girl he see's" She smiled after laughing before she hugged me. 

We got up and went back to the kitchen. We drank some iced lemonade that she made and caught up on everything we missed while we packed.

"Alright alright... So, is there a special boy that's finally swept you off your feet?" She said as she wrapped a mug in newspaper. I blushed as I looked away.

"Well, kind of..." I slowly wrapped a bowl and set it in a box.

"Oh? What's his name?" I blushed harder as I slowly began to get anxiety in my stomach.

"Well um... They're name is... Rainbow Dash." She paused for a second before looking at me.

"Rainbow Dash? That's a lovely name... For some reason it sounds like a girls name." She wrapped another mug before wrapping a plate.

"Well, th-that's because it is." She turned around and looked at me in shock. "I-I never wanted t-to tell you b-but-" I gasped as she hugged me.

"Honey, it's okay. I still love you." She pulled back and cupped my cheek. "You're still my daughter." She smiled softly as she went to wrapping.

I blushed at how well that went. I thought she might yell and scream and call me names... I'm relieved she took it well.

"So, what does she do?" I smiled as I wrapped another mug.

I my heart swelled up with joy as my mom let me rant about her. From the the first time I met her to the last time I saw her. I realized how strong my feelings were for as I spoke about her.

"Oh wow... Seems like you have been busy since you left. I know it's hard and it hurts you that she doesn't remember you... But you should never give up on somebody you care about." I let the words sink into my brain as I wrapped the last dish in the kitchen.

"Thanks mom." I smiled as I hugged her again.

I really couldn't ask for a better mom.