The Best Nightmare

Fluttershy's Point Of View-

Standing there, in Rainbow Dash's living room, after kissing her again, you can bet I was freaking out.

I could feel her breathing against my neck and honestly, I loved this. Just hugging her. I know that she only kissed me because she wanted to get her memories back. And I would be lying if I said I kissed her for that same reason.

I let go of her realizing that we have been hugging for a while now.

I looked at the ground suddenly getting shy.

"Fluttershy?" I looked up to see Rainbow looking at me.

"Yes?" 

"I'm so sorry... I still can't remember anything." 

I wanted to cry. I wanted to get on my knees and start screaming about how it wasn't fair. How none of this was fair. It wasn't fair to her or anyone that mattered to her. And I didn't want to sound so selfish but it wasn't fair to me... 

I decided to just shrug off my feelings and focus on hers.

"That's okay." I looked around in her living room before making a few decisions in my head.

"How about we watch some TV? And maybe later I can make us some pancakes?" I picked up the remote and looked at her. She had a small smile before she flopped onto the couch.

"That sounds great." I sat on the couch next to her. As I sat back I felt her arm go around my shoulder. I snuggled against her as I turned on the TV. Five minutes later we decided on watching The Croods.

Through the entire movie, I kept thinking. I kept thinking about little things and some other major things. I kept thinking about my family. I was thinking about the people have been not so nice to me. But the biggest thing on my mind was Rainbow Dash.

I was thinking about how close we used to be. I was wondering if we would ever be that close again. I was hoping she would remember something, even if it wasn't me. I moved my head and looked up at her.

I can't believe she fell asleep. Her head was resting on the back of the couch and I could hear her soft breathing. She looked so peaceful.

I turned off the TV and snuggled up against her. I felt her do the same. Must have been an instinct.

The living room was pitch black except for the little light coming from the sun and shining on the wall. Before I knew it, I ended up falling asleep against her.

*An hour later*

"Hmm... someone...help..." I woke up to someone whispering cries for help. "No, don't..." I looked at Rainbow and noticed I could see more of her because the sun had rose higher. She was sweating and moving around in her sleep.

Was she having a nightmare?

I leaned back and looked at Rainbow.  Should I wake her up?

"Please, don't! That's my..." She then started mumbling. I grabbed her shoulders and gently shook her. "Rainbow, wake up." She tossed her head around and continued mumbling.

"Rainbow, wake up. It's just a dream." I didn't really know if it was a dream, but I was trying to comfort her. She could have remembered something. I know our friends told us that something really bad happened to her as a kid. Was that what the nightmare was about?

I shook her again but this time she sat up and gasped. She looked around the room and started hyperventilating.

"Shh, it's okay Dash. I'm here." I felt her tense up as soon as I hugged her. She then realized who I was and relaxed a little. She hugged me back tightly and put her head on my shoulder. She started sobbing into my shoulder as she clenched the back of my shirt. The only reason I knew what to do in this situation was because I had nightmares too. I was only doing what I wished someone would do for me.

I pet her head and whispered, "shh, it's okay," every little while. Once she had calmed down I pulled back and looked at her. "You're okay honey, it was just a dream." I wiped the tears off of her face and hugged her again.

I don't know why but hugs always seemed to make her feel better whenever she cried, even before the accident. She pulled back from the hug and sniffed. She looked at me and I looked at her.

"Do you feel better?" She slightly nodded and wiped her nose with her hand. "Do you want to talk about it?" She hesitated before she shook her head from side to side. "That's okay. Do you want me to make some pancakes?" She nodded again.

I stood up and walked into her kitchen. I heard her follow me and sit at the little island in the middle of the kitchen.

After a little looking, I found everything I needed. I made the batter and poured it onto the pan and flipped them once they were done. I made about ten with the batter before I set them down. I got two plates and put two pancakes on one and one pancake on the other.

"You want butter and syrup?" I glanced over my shoulder to look at her.

"Yes please." Her voice was hoarse from all the crying she had done.

I put butter and syrup on both of her pancakes and a little on mine. I placed hers on the table with mine across from her. I grabbed a couple of forks and gave one to her and set one on my plate.

"Is orange juice okay?" I asked before I opened the refrigerator.

"Yeah." I poured two glasses of orange juice and set them in front of both of our plates.

I sat down across from her and we ate in silence. After we ate, I set the plates and cups in the sink. I stood there for a minute just thinking about nothing.

"Fluttershy?" I still had my glass of orange juice in my hand as I turned around and looked at her. She had tears in her eyes and I noticed the smallest voice crack from her.

"I remembered something."

I felt the glass slip from hands and heard it shatter on the ground.