Never?

Rainbow Dash's Point Of View-

Hearing the glass shatter on the ground made me flinch just a little.

I wasn't sure how to feel or how she would feel, I just knew that I had to tell her. She's been here for me and obviously cares about me... Right?

She slowly turned around and looked at me.

"What?" She practically said in a mere whisper.

"When I was asleep... I had a dream. Well, more like a nightmare... But I remembered something from when I was a little girl." I looked down at my fidgeting hands. "Honestly, I really wish I wouldn't have remembered this part."

Fluttershy stepped over the glass and walked around the counter. She stepped in front of me and grabbed my shoulders. She looked between both of my eyes before closing her eyes and giving me the best hug that I didn't know I needed.

"Whenever you want to tell me, I'm here to talk." I hugged her back as I felt a few tears run down my face.

We pulled back after awhile and I watched as she walked back around the counter. 

"Oh, let me clean up that glass." I grabbed a broom from the corner of the kitchen and walked to the shattered glass on the floor. I saw Fluttershy sitting on the ground carefully picking up the glass.

"Let me sweep that up, I don't want you to cut yourself." She dropped the glass she picked up from the floor and stood up. She stepped back and watched me clean up the glass. I think she would have offered to help clean it up but I think she was still in shock.

I swept all the glass into the pan and dumped it in the trash.

"You didn't cut yourself, did you?" I looked at her and made sure she wasn't cut. I sighed in relief when I saw no blood on her.

I looked at the clock and realized it was already seven in the morning.

"Hey, didn't you want to go somewhere today?" Fluttershy put on a little smile and slightly nodded.

"Yeah, we can go whenever you get ready." She said quietly as she went into the living room and sat down.

I slowly walked upstairs to get dressed.

I took off my loose t-shirt and small shorts I wore as PJ's. I grabbed a bra from my dresser and slipped it onto my arms.

"Hey, Rainbow Dash?" I heard Fluttershy as she stepped into my door way. "I was wondering-" I turned around with my bra fastened and looked at her.

"Yeah?" It took me a minute to realize that she was staring at me.

"Oh.. I uh.." She continued to stare at me while looking all over my chest and stomach. "S-sorry... I'll go wait for you down stairs." Her face turned red as she turned around and headed back downstairs.

I wonder what that was about? I'm not much to look at.

I put on a tight white tank top and a blue flannel shirt. I put on a pair of jean shorts that went up to my mid thigh and slipped on my blue Converse. I grabbed a back pack and slipped some things in there. Just like a towel and maybe sunscreen? I wasn't sure what to put in there. I didn't know where we were going.

I put my bag by the stairs as I kept walking to go to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and put my rainbow hair in a high ponytail, checking the mirror one last time to make sure I looked okay. I looked at the big scar on my hand. I looked at the little scars on my knees. 

Before heading downstairs I put a pair of gloves in my bag, the ones without the finger tips. I put the bag on my shoulder and walked downstairs.

"I'm ready." I watched as Fluttershy stood up from the couch. She opened the front door and left it opened as she walked to her car.

I wonder what's wrong with her... She seems kind of off... I put a jacket over my arm as I locked the door and walked out. I got in the passenger seat and put my seat belt on. I put my bag in the backseat and my jacket over my lap.

"Alright. I'm ready." Fluttershy sighed as she turned and looked at me.

"Rainbow, we have to talk about something." I looked at her in confusion. Was she going to tell me what's wrong with her?

"Why? Did I do something wrong?" I looked at her and realized she had tears in her eyes. "Fluttershy?" I reached out to touch her shoulder but she flinched and pulled away.

"This is the last thing that I can think of. And I get that you want your memories back just as bad as I do... But I don't know if I can keep doing this." She started crying as she spoke. "I don't know what else to do. It hurts so much knowing you don't know who I am." She sniffed her nose and wiped her face free from tears. "So if this doesn't work, I don't think I can stand by and keep waiting for something that may never happen." She started her car and pulled out of the driveway.

We sat in silence for awhile and I can tell she was thinking just as hard as I was.

What if this doesn't work? What if I never get my memories back?

The word never  was ringing in my head as I kept thinking about what she said...