Break Down

Fluttershy's Point Of View-

I take one last look at the hospital before grabbing my keys out of my bag and looking for my car. I look around the dark parking lot before spotting my car. I walk faster at the thought of getting kidnapped.

Once I'm safely in my car, I lock the doors and put my seat belt on. I check my phone and see no notifications. I start my car and pull out of the parking lot. I get back on the highway and wipe a few tears I had missed earlier. Another tear escapes my eye and before I know it, I'm bawling my eyes out again. I pull over to the side of the highway and rest my head on the steering wheel.

I look down at my hands before clenching them and screaming. I slam my head onto the steering wheel before squeezing my eyes shut.

"Rainbow Dash...." I look at my hands before clenching them. "Please come back.... Please wake up...." I feel more tears drop before I lean back I close my eyes. "Please...."

After making sure I wasn't going to break down again, I continued my way home. I pulled into the driveway and sit in silence for a second. I get out of the car and open my door with my keys. I put my bag on the floor dropping my keys on the table. I drag myself to the kitchen.

I should probably eat something. I haven't eaten in days. I open the fridge and look for something. I close it then looked around the kitchen.

"Hm." I tab my chin before getting an idea. I get a pan and put some water in it before placing it on the stove and turning the fire on.

I walk back into the living room and drag my backpack and go into the kitchen. I pull all of my homework out and place it on the table. I grab some tea from the fridge before sitting down and starting my homework.

After getting half of in down I look over and see the water boiling. I walk over to the cabinets before pulling out a box of Mac and cheese. I put the noodles in the pan and stir it before going to sit down.

I slam my book and put all of my finished homework in my bag. I walk over to the stove and stir the noodles before putting the spoon on the counter. I pull out a drainer and pour the noodles into the drainer. I pour them all back into he pan wipe my hands on a rag. I put cheese, milk, and butter into the pan before stirring it once again. After making sure there's no clumps of cheese I scraped it into a bowl. I set my bowl on the table and pour myself some more tea.

I sit down and look down and the bowl.

"God bless Mac and cheese." (This is actually an inside joke I have with my aunt.) I take a bite and moan at how good it tastes.

While eating, my mind wonders. What if she doesn't wake up? I'm barely surviving now, how could I live without her? I start to remember all the times we spent together.

The fist time I met her. When she saved me from that creepy guy. When we went to the mall. All the times I helped her through her emotional break downs. When I took her to the mountains. Or like when she asked me to stay. When we were upstairs and we almost kissed.... The dream I had about her. Waking up to her. Our tickle fight. When we kissed and sparks flew every where. When we kissed in the rain.... When she left.... Turning on the news.... Finding her at the hospital....

All the memories come rushing into my head. When I look down, I see most my food gone. I get up and put my dishes away. I walk upstairs and go into my room. I look at the bathroom, knowing I don't have the energy to stand under water forever. 

I put my pajama on and slip under the blanket. I look at my phone and saw that it was eleven o'clock. Maybe it's a good thing I'm going to bed early. Usually I don't get to bed till twelve. I roll over and feel the tears roll into my ears.

"Pull your self together...." I feel another tear slide down my face at my words. I curl up into my pillow and silently cry before sleep over takes me.

I wake up to my alarm buzzing in my ear. I sit up and rub my eyes open while trying to find my phone. I finally feel it on the table and open my eyes enough to turn it off. I rub my face before looking at the wall. I get up and go to the bathroom. I strip my clothes off and step into the shower. I feel the hot water running down my body as I began to wet my hair. 

Today's Friday.... I smile at the thought. I get to be at the hospital all day. I frown thinking of the things that happened yesterday. What if.... What if she doesn't wake up? What if I'm just going there for no reason? What if they decide that they have to take her off of the machines because they don't think she will ever wake up and-

When I zone back in, I feel my chest rising and falling as I think about losing Dash. I try to calm my breathe as I wash the rest of my body. Once I'm finished, I stepped out of the shower and wrap a towel around my body.

I walk over to the mirror and stop at the sight I see in front of me. My nose is a little red and my eyes. My eyes look like they have been crying for weeks. They're red and look exhausted from crying.

I look away from the mirror and decide to keep walking to my room before I start criticizing myself.

I go to my dressers and put out a light green long sleeve shirt. I grab some some light pink leggings before getting dressed. I slip on my boots and head downstairs after grabbing my phone. I decided to stop at the coffee shop for breakfast.

I grab my keys and lock the door before walking to my car. I start my car and start heading to the coffee shop. I pull up the little café and order a carmel iced coffee. I set my drink down and start driving to the hospital. I pull up to my normal parking spot and shut off my car. I take a drink of my coffee and grab my things before going inside. 

"Fluttershy!" I turn around a see the strange guy from yesterday.

"Hey, how are you?" We step into the elevator and I push the same buttons from yesterday.

"I'm doing pretty good. How about yourself?" He rocks back and forth on his heels.

"I'm okay." I feel the awkward tension settle into the small area of the elevator. We step out of elevator without any more words. 

I walk past the desk and decide to just go straight to her room. I walk into the room and hear talking from around the corner.

"You sure you don't need anything else?" That's the nurse I was talking to yesterday.

"No, thank you." It can't-

I walk around the corner and feel everything in my hands drop.

"Fluttershy! I was wondering if you were going to come today." I look at Dash with my jaw dropped.

"Um, hey." She sits up a little and looks at me. I feel tears run down my face as I slowly start walking towards her.

"Rainbow Dash?" I hear my voice crack as I reach out to her.  I touch her face and feel her flinch. I feel my knees give out as I reach down to hug her.

"Oh god...." I squeeze her tight. "It's been so long...." I feel her shake her head as I slowly get up. I wipe my tears as a small smile forms on my face.

"Um, I'm sorry." I look at Dash and see confusion written all over her face. 

"Do I know you?"