Midnight Cookies

Twilight Sparkle's Point Of View-

I sat at the bottom of the stairs as I glanced at the clock. There was still a few minutes before Fluttershy would should up, but I was anxious.

I never actually took the time to get to know her... I was just so caught up with my feelings for Dash... But I knew after everything thing I did she could never forgive me. I messed with her head, especially when she was sick. I tried to keep her away from Fluttershy... Even when she seems so nice.

The fact that she came over just to apologize, even after everything I did, shows that she deserves Dash more than I do.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

I jumped up from the stairs as my thoughts were interrupted by knocking. I opened the door with a big smile as I found Fluttershy standing by the door with a bag over her shoulder.

"Hi." She said as she smiled awkwardly.

"Come on in." I smiled back as I stepped aside. "Um, I figured we could hang out in my room so I'll meet you upstairs. It's the first door on your left. I just have to tell my mom you're here." She slowly nodded and she hesitantly made her way up the stairs.

I peeked my head into the living room and found my mom sitting on the couch, reading a magazine.

"Hey mom, Fluttershy is here."

"Okay honey. Have fun and let me know if you need anything." She said before I thanked her and made my way upstairs.

I opened my door and saw Fluttershy looking around with her bag still on her shoulder. She turned her head and looked at me before turning all the way around.

"I love your room." She said quietly.

"Thanks." I sat on my bed after closing the door. "You can set your stuff down and sit down if you want. I don't bite." I smiled trying to sound friendly.

She slowly set her bag next to the bed on the floor and hesitantly sat about a foot away from me on my bed.

"So, what do you want to do?" She asked me looking around my room again. I had a feeling she was just looking around now so she wouldn't seem so awkward.

"Well, we could watch a movie... Or we could go downstairs and bake something. We could go outside and take a walk. We could-"

"How about we make some cookies? I mean, if you want." She said interrupting me. I smiled as I realized I was ranting.

"Sounds good." I grabbed my phone from under my pillow and watched as she got up. From here, I could see why Dash liked her.

I mean, she was really pretty. She had a body to die for... Her hands looked so soft and her hips, round and sweet like honey. Her eyes, like the sea. And her lips, they looked so full and perfect for kissing. And don't even get me started on that ass of hers... I-

What the hell was wrong with me?! I need to learn to stop lusting for people! I need to figure out what love was. Besides, Fluttershy wasn't mine. 

Even without the label, everyone knew she belonged to Dash.

I got up and followed her, leaving my door open and my light off as we left the room. We headed downstairs and she followed me as I peeked my head into the living room again.

"Hey mom, can we make some cookies?" I asked hoping she would say yes.

"Sure, just make sure you clean up your mess." I smiled and walked to the kitchen as Fluttershy followed me.

"So what kind of cookies do you want to make?" I said as I grabbed the ingredients that we might need.

"Um, chocolate chip sounds good... Maybe... What do you think?" She said as I found the chocolate chips and set them on the counter. I nodded as I turned around and looked at her.

"Sounds good! Want to grab the eggs from the fridge?" She quietly nodded as she made her way to the fridge.

"These ones?" She showed me a carton as the fridge closed. I nodded and grabbed a bowl.

As we put all the ingredients in the bowl, we talked and laughed. It made me happy that she was relaxing more. I shouldn't have judged her so quickly...

Once we greased a pan and made little cookie dough balls, we put them on the pan and into the oven. We sat at the kitchen table and talked some more as the cookies baked.

"So, how long were you and Rainbow Dash together?" She asked after she stopped laughing at a joke I had said.

"We were together for about a year and a half... I have to admit though, the more I think about it, the more I realize that I wasn't very fair to her." I sighed as I started thinking. "I've been so good in my classes, I studied every night... I was even in some honors and college classes. But I..." I hesitated before looking away. "I never learned to love anyone but my family. I'm starting to figure out that I lusted for Dash more than I really loved her." I looked up at her. "But I think you guys deserve each other. You guys seem to really like each other." I gave her a sad but warm smile.

"T-thank you." She said quietly.

After the cookies were done, we each got a glass of milk and ate some. I have to say they were really tasty. We ended up losing track of time from how much we talked and laughed.

And before we knew it, it was midnight.

"Crap, my mom's going to kill me." I got up and started cleaning up around the kitchen. "I can meet you upstairs but I have to clean this kitchen." I starting putting spoons, the bowl, and the pan into the sink.

"Well, I can help. I made part of this mess too." She said walking up beside me.

We cleaned dishes, wiped the counter, and put the cookies into a container. After we were finished, we turned the lights off in the kitchen and carefully made our way up stairs. I slowly closed my door and turned the light on once we were inside my room.

"Should we get our pajamas on?" Fluttershy asked me as she picked up her bag.

"Sure." I took off my shirt and threw it on the floor as I went to get a pajama shirt from my dresser. I suddenly heard a squeak followed by someone sitting on the bed. I turned and saw Fluttershy covering her face and sitting on the bed, her face noticeably red.

"Are you okay?" I said walking up to her.

"Y-yeah. I-I just though th-that there was a-a bathroom..." I smiled at how innocent she was.

"Sorry, I just figured we were both girls and that it was okay. I can go change-"

"No! It's okay... I'll just stay right here." She said keeping her hands on her face.

I finished changing and told her that I was done.

"Did you want to change in a bathroom?" I asked before she shook her head and finally lowered her hands.

"N-no. I can change in here." She said sounding more like she was trying to convince herself. I wonder why she was so nervous about changing her clothes... Hm.

She got her clothes out of her bag and set them on the bed.

"C-could you m-maybe just turn around though?" She asked looking at the ground nervously.

"Sure." I said as I turned towards the door. I didn't hear anything for a second so I turned around to make sure she was okay.

As I turned around I saw her taking off her shirt with her back towards me. For a second I saw a bunch of scars on her back before she put on her shirt. I quickly turned back around.

What were those scars from?