Doing The Right Thing

Fluttershy's Point Of View-

After being home for five days, I finally decided it was time to go back.

Remebering my grandma, spending time with my mom and my brother... It was what I needed to be me again. There were a lot of things I had to fix and I was determined to do it. No matter what.

After about a two and a half hour drive, I pulled up to a house. The house had a light purple coat on the outside with a white trim and there were two vehicles in the driveway.

I took a deep breathe as I got out of the car. I shut my door and walked up to the front door. I took another deep breathe.

You can do this.

I knocked on the door three times before waiting. I heard shuffling before a man opened the door.

He was at least a foot taller than me with different shaded blue hair, blue eyes, and tanned skin. He leaned against the door frame wearing a pair of dark blue basketball shorts and no shirt. I slightly noticed the muscles on his arms and his abs on his stomach.

"How can I help you?" He smiled as he looked down at me.

"U-uh hi... I needed to speak to someone that m-might live here? Her n-name is Twilight?" I stuttered from how nervous I was.

"Twlight! Someone's here to see you!" I winced as he screamed. I heard a females voice before he looked back at me. "She's coming. Do you want to come inside?" I nodded before he stepped aside and let me in. I awkwardly stood in the foyer as he walked up some stairs.

"Fluttershy? What are you doing here?" I tensed up as I turned around and found Twilight crossing her arms and glaring at me.

"W-well I um... I wanted to t-talk to you about something." I wish I could stop stuttering... I'm just so nervous though. I could feel my palms sweating too.

She raised her eye brow at me before sighing and relaxing her face more.

"Fine. Then talk." She said in a rude tone.

"Um, d-did you want to talk in the living room? Or y-your room? Or-" I was interrupted by a 'tsk' noise she made.

"Listen here, Fluttershy." She practically spatted my name. "I don't really think you're the one that should be making orders. They should have arrested you for being such a bitch to me. Whatever you have to say, just say it. I know it's not going to be good so-"

"I'm sorry." I said as I rudely interrupted her. She stopped talking and looked at me in surprise. "I'm so sorry for how I treated you." I sniffed as tears rolled down my face. "I'm s-sorry for taking D-Dash away from you. I-I'm sorry for s-smacking you. I'm so so sorry." I cried harder as I completely broke down.

Even as bad as she has treated me, I knew I had to apolagize. I wasn't fair to her...

Remembering what my grandma said made me realize I had to do this.

You have to be greater than your haters.

I looked up at her to see her reaction after a few minutes. She looked hesitant on what she was about say, opening and closing her mouth every few seconds.

"I-I hope we can b-be friends?" I held out my hand so she might shake it.

She stepped closer and before I had time to react, she hugged me.

"I'm sorry too... I was the one that wasn't fair to you... Or Dash." She pulled back and looked at me. I noticed the tears in her eyes beginning to form. "I would love to start over." She said as she smiled sadly at me.

"Did you maybe want to come to my house later? We can have some tea or something and talk?" I said as I wiped the tears from my face and laughed a little.

"I would love that. Or we could even have a sleep over here. I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind." I nodded at what she said.

"I think that sounds like a wonderful idea."

After we set up a time and what I should bring, we said our goodbyes and left. I drove home in silence with a smile on my face. I pulled into my driveway and sat there for a second, just thinking.

I thought about Rainbow Dash for a second and realized, she never tried to call while I was gone.

I reached over to the passenger seat and picked up my phone. As I looked at the screen I remembered that I broke my phone... So she might have tried to call me but I still wouldn't have known.

I decided to push away thoughts of her, thinking about how I would see her tomorrow. I would go to her house and tell her that even if she won't remember me, I won't give up on her. Not again. I was going to tell her that I'm going to stick by her side, no matter what happens. I'm going to tell her that I was in love with her, even if she didn't feel the same.

After proclaiming what I was going to do tomorrow in my head, I finally got out of the car. I grabbed my bag from the back seat and walked up to the front door, unlocking it and walking inside. Everything was dark and cold... It was almost sad.

But I made sure the smile was still on my face. 

I'm going to fix everything. I just know it.

I went to the laundry room and separated all of my dirty clothes and started some laundry. I went upstairs and put my bag on my bed. I kept my toothbrush and brush in my bag for tonight. I put a change of clothes in my bag along with my pajamas. I put a pair of socks and a change of underwear just in case.

I had to be at her house around seven so I grabbed my bag and phone and went downstairs. I set my stuff on the couch and walked into the kitchen. I fixed myself a small bowl of Fruit Loops, not knowing what I would eat at her house. I made a mental note to thank Pinkie for feeding my animals while I was gone. I washed my dishes and put them away. I picked up a little bit more around the house after finishing my laundry.

Around six thirty I left to go to Twilight's house, thinking that it would take around fifteen minutes to get there. 

As I drove I kept thinking about so many things that I was really thinking about nothing. All I knew was that everything was going to be okay.

My mom and brother are finally leaving that abusive bastard, Twilight and I are friends now, and I believed that Rainbow Dash would forgive me. With summer ending in a few weeks and school starting, I was finally going to graduate high school this year and be an adult.

I was finally going to be at least half way normal.