Home Run

"Haru-chan. Are you absolutely positive?"

"Yes, Shisui. I've done a lot of reading about it. Kakashi even lent me one of his Icha Icha Paradise books."

As Haruki and Shisui strolled through the village hand in hand, they discussed a rather surprising topic. Although it wasn't very surprising considering their age, it was surprising how openly they were both willing to talk about it.

"Haru-chan, Kakashi is the last person I want you to be taking advice from," groaned Shisui, rolling his eyes at Haruki's answer.

"And? What about you?"

"What about me?"

"What do you know?"

"Well, I know what feels good for me, if that's what you're asking."

Haruki shivered at the Uchiha's words, not knowing why this was a discussion they were having in public. After months of speculation and dialogue, Haruki and Shisui had finally chosen to talk about the question that lingered in both of their minds: did they want to take their relationship all the way?

There was no doubt that they were completely comfortable in each other's space- considering the mission that had brought them together in the first place had resulted in them living alongside each other for two months straight, little things such as smelling each other's breath first thing in the morning and seeing each other half-naked several times only added to the rapport they shared. Compared to when they had first started dating, where only innocent kisses had been shared, the older they grew, the more they realised that they'd eventually have to leave second base if they wanted to keep up with their hormones. While skin to skin contact was fine at first... the more intense their make-out sessions became, the more they realised the necessity of planning ahead so that they wouldn't find themselves in any compromising situations.

Shisui had been completely gung-ho for the idea of engaging in intimacy, but had insisted that he wouldn't do anything Haruki didn't want to do.

"Have you ever had sex with a girl?" asked the Hyūga, making Shisui flush and look away.

"Uh... no."

"Huh. Who would've guessed. So this'll be my first time... and yours?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Shisui... do you want to do it?" Haruki came to a halt, looking at her boyfriend curiously. His flush suddenly deepened.

"How am I meant to answer that without sounding like a pervert?!" he asked in embarrassment, pulling his Konoha headband down so that it covered his eyes and now beet red face.

"No! I meant, if you don't want to, we don't have to!" said Haruki hurriedly, shaking her head. "But I want to, if you want to. Really."

"Are you really sure?"

"Of course."

Haruki grinned as she leaned into her boyfriend, gently prying his headband back up so that she could look him in the eye.

"So, shall we make it a date?" she asked teasingly, kissing him softly on the lips. "When are you free next?"

Shisui smirked as Haruki spoke with her lips still pressed against his skin, pleased that they were both on the same page.

"This Friday night for sure," he murmured, pulling Haruki so that she was pushed up against his chest. "I know the perfect place we can go. No distractions, no interruptions, nothing."

"It's a date," replied Haruki coyly, leaning back and puckering her lips at her lover. "What time?"

"How do you feel about an overnight stay?"

"Risky, but I can make it."

Haruki smirked as Shisui pulled her towards him for another kiss, but this time, it was a much deeper and sensual one.

"Eww, Itachi's friend is making out with his girlfriend!"

Haruki and Shisui jumped, instinctively breaking apart as they heard a little voice pipe up.

"Ah, hey, Naruto!" smiled Shisui in embarrassment, scratching the back of his head as Naruto walked past with two other boys, whom Haruki recognised as Itachi's little brother Sasuke and a boy named Kiba from the Inuzuka clan. Naruto stuck out his tongue in distaste, finding the whole situation detestable.

"They were basically eating each other's faces!"

"Hey! We were not!"

"Were too!"