Shisui of the Body Flicker

"... it's just so frustrating!" 

Haruki groaned as she sat in the staff room, airing out her frustrations to the sixth grade teacher, Iruka. Masumi had been in her class for a month, but she was still feeling the repercussions of accepting her son into her class. She wasn't a fool; she knew the students were skeptical about the move, even though Masumi proved to be equal to them- possibly, even superior- on a regular basis. In terms of both academics and ninjutsu, he was simply unrivalled by his peers.

"He's advanced incredibly quickly," noted the Umino, sipping his tea as he listened to Haruki. "I wouldn't be surprised if he joins my class next year."

"I wouldn't be surprised if he joined your class after the summer break," pouted Haruki, her worst fears about Masumi turning out to be another child prodigy like both of his parents starting to come true.

"What would you do if he graduated from the Academy next year with my class?"

"How can a kid graduate from the Academy at six years old?!"

"Well, it's been done. You know, the Sannin did."

"Masumi is far from Sannin level," huffed Haruki, sinking into her seat as she mentally compared her son to the three famed Konoha shinobi.

"Well, considering he's only five, I'm not surprised. But he could be, one day. When did you and Shisui graduate?"

"Well... I was nine. And I think Shisui graduated when he was eight. So, really, Masumi is-"

Haruki was interrupted as the staff room door slammed open, and a distressed Anko stood there calling out to the Hyūga.

"Um, Haruki!" exclaimed Anko, beckoning for her to come forward. "Please come! It's Masumi!"

All of Haruki's motherly instincts were immediately set off, and without hesitation, she dashed after Anko as fast as her heavily pregnant state would allow her.

She followed Anko down to the courtyard, where a group of children were all gathered around two figures in the middle. Before she had even reached the children, Haruki had activated her Byakugan to see what was going on, and let out an internal groan as she saw Masumi in the center of the crowd with no glasses on, standing face to face with Taro with nothing but pure rage on his tiny face.

"Shunshin no jutsu!"

As Haruki bowled through the crowd of students to see what was happening up close, she watched closely as Taro violently lurched forward to apprehend Masumi, only for Masumi to weave a handsign and disappear before he could be reached. He reappeared just behind Taro, swiftly kicking him in the back and knocking him to the ground.

"Don't ever say anything about my okaa-san again!"

"Alright, alright, break it up!"

As Haruki reached the center, Anko got to work dispersing the children, leaving Haruki to hold Masumi back while the knocked down Taro attempted to get to his feet.

"Masumi! Taro!"

Behind Haruki, Iruka could be seen approaching the scene, a look of bewilderment on his face as all the students passing him parted ways to make a path.

"What the hell?! He can do that?!" exclaimed Iruka incredulously, helping up the other boy as he gawped at Masumi. "Oh no, Taro, you're not going anywhere!"

"Masumi, what happened?!" snapped Haruki, turning Masumi to face her.

When he did, she let out a little gasp. Alongside his Byakugan, his Sharingan had come into its full awakening with one tomoe. The contrast between the bright red and pure white was astounding, and even though her ongoing competition with Shisui came to mind, Haruki pushed it to the back of her thoughts.

This is more important than our dumb competition, damn it!

"He knocked off my glasses, and then said bad things about you," scowled Masumi, crossing his arms as he glared at Taro, who looked over his shoulder at the little boy with a half fearful, half astonished look. "What are you looking at?! Do you have an eye problem?!"

"Masumi!" Although Haruki was amused by Masumi's toughness, she knew she had to stay professional. "Where are your glasses?"

"I don't know."

"Iruka-sensei, I'm so sorry," apologised Haruki, bowing her head meekly at the Umino as he held onto Taro. "I'll make sure to straighten out Masumi as soon as possible."

"It's okay, I'll do the same with this one," said Iruka, tugging at Taro's ear. "And I've got to say, Haruki-sensei... I'll be looking forward to having Masumi in my class."

"Whew," said Anko, walking towards Haruki and Masumi as Iruka led Taro away. "Kid, your dad would've been so proud to see you using that jutsu! Alright, everyone else- clear off!"

Haruki froze as Anko laughed and patted Masumi on the head, before excusing herself to disperse the remaining students and leaving the mother and son duo standing alone in the middle of the courtyard.

"Masumi... where did you learn that jutsu?" asked Haruki slowly, watching as Masumi closed his eyes and steadied his breathing. When he reopened his eyes once more, both his dōjutsu had been deactivated.

"Um..."

"Masumi."

"From... watching otou-san."

Haruki groaned.

"Just watching, Masumi?"

"... yes."

Smelling his lie immediately, Haruki sighed and slapped a palm against her forehead.

"Oh man... what am I going to do about you two?"

"You're not mad at otou-san, are you?" asked Masumi quietly, looking afraid of getting his father into trouble.

"No, baby, I'm not mad at anyone. Come here."

Opening her arms, Haruki motioned for Masumi to come to her for a hug. 

As she tightly took him in her arms, all she could think was, Of course, Mr. Shisui of the Body Flicker. You've got some explaining to do.

"On the bright side, I don't think you'll need your glasses anymore."

"Yay?" Masumi's small voice was a squeak, mostly out of fear for his father's safety now that Haruki was aware he could use his father's signature jutsu. 

Haruki could only sigh more.