Together

"Looks like Hinata and Hanabi are having a hard time keeping Masumi entertained."

Seated at the front as the priest began officiating the wedding ceremony, Haruki glanced down at the crowd and saw her little sisters at the front struggling to appease their nephew by offering him an array of snacks and toys, making her snort. Seated next to Hiashi, who had pointed it out to her, Haruki was decked out in a stunning white wedding kimono and a matching headpiece; and although she thought it was beautiful, it was slowly beginning to weigh down on her.

Across the low rising table and seated next to Namiko, Shisui made eye contact with his wife to be and gave her a small wink, looking more alluring and attractive than ever in his formal wedding kimono.

Aware of the precariously balancing headpiece atop her head, Haruki nodded awkwardly at Shisui, shooting him a smile as they both turned their attention back to the priest, who was giving instructions regarding the sake between them. After sharing the sake with their parents and giving their offerings at the altar, it was done.

Kneeling before the priest, Shisui and Haruki kept their eyes down as he finished up the ceremony.

"... I now pronounce you husband and wife. Congratulations, Uchiha Shisui and Haruki."

After the formalities were done and the priest announced the completion of the pair's marriage, cheers erupted from the crowd. Haruki looked up as Shisui reached over and took her hand, smiling at her with the radiance of a thousand suns.

"Haru-chan! We're married!"

"I'd be concerned if we weren't," chuckled Haruki, taking Shisui in a one-armed embrace before he helped her stand up. The pair stood before the priest, holding each other, with nothing but smiles on their faces.

"Thanks for marrying me, Haru-chan," said Shisui softly, tuning out the sounds and stares coming from the crowd behind them. "I love you."

"And thanks for choosing me," replied Haruki, stepping forward. "I love you. I can't wait to grow old and fat with you."

Shisui threw his head back as he roared with laughter, pulling Haruki closer to him as he did so.

"We have plenty of time for that!" guffawed the Uchiha as he placed a hand over Haruki's belly. Then, his voice dropped, and he took on a serious appearance.

"Haru-chan."

Chuckling, Haruki placed one of her own hands over Shisui's, raising an eyebrow in curiosity.

"Yeah?"

Shisui leaned down, his warm breath fanning over Haruki's face as he whispered his request.

"Can I kiss you?"