Daily Routine

"Mamoru- MAMORU! Come here! Hold my hand! Sora, you too!"

"Riku, let go of Baki-san's pants, please!"

"It's alright."

Walking out of their house the next morning, the Uchiha family plus Baki in tow were truly a sight to be seen. At four, three, and two years old, Haruki and Shisui's four children were nothing but bouncing balls of energy as they walked with their parents towards their daycare.

"Okaa-san, why is he coming?" asked Masumi, looking up at his mother as he side eyed the Suna shinobi. "What about obaa-san?"

"Baki-san is going to be coming to work with me while he's staying with us, so be nice, okay?" said Haruki, gently squeezing her eldest son's hand as they walked along the dusty roads.

"... okay."

"I must say, you two certainly have your work cut out for you," mused Baki, watching as Shisui picked up a whining Mamoru in one arm and held onto Sora's hand with the other. "Was it always a plan of yours to have so many children?"

"Not originally, but it became the plan," laughed Haruki. Shisui nodded in agreement as Mamoru yanked at his forehead protector, bringing it down over his eyes and obscuring his sight.

"We're aiming for seven," added the Uchiha, following Haruki and Baki blindly as Mamoru continued playing with his headband. "But Haru-chan, what if we hit seven and still haven't got a girl?"

"I don't even want to think about that."

"Imagine that! Seven boys!"

"... I really don't want to, Shisui. Just give me a girl already!"

"I thought we were waiting?"

"Yeah, we are! But you better give me a girl!"

"Otou-san, why does okaa-san want a girl?" piped up Sora curiously, tugging on his father's hand. "Do we get a girl?"

Baki chuckled at the family interaction, watching as Haruki and Shisui struggled to explain to Sora what they were talking about.

"Don't you boys want a little sister?" pleaded Haruki, comprehending just how outnumbered she was in her house full of males. Now, she understood how her father had felt when she had been living at home.

"No," chanted Riku and Sora simultaneously, earning a look of disappointment from their mother.

"Can we have another brother instead?!" requested Masumi, jumping up and down as he pulled at his mother's arm. "Huh? Huh?"

"Let's have another brother, and let's name him... um..."

"Let's name him Riku!"

"Riku, we can't name another brother after you," sighed Shisui, exchanged an exasperated smile with his wife.

"How about Riku number two?"

The three adults all burst into laughter at Riku's suggestion, prompting Baki to reach out and pat him on the head.

"I like this kid," laughed Baki. "You two have some pretty funny children. I'm sure they'll grow up to be as powerful as they are funny. I can already tell that they're very bright children."

"Hopefully not too powerful," added Haruki glumly, glancing at each child warily. "Otherwise me and Shisui will have a lot to handle."

"It's nothing that we can't handle, though!"

"I have a question! Baka-san-"

"Sora, his name is Baki! Oh my gosh, Baki-san, I am so sorry-"

"Haha! Baka-san!"

"Masumi, that is not funny!"

Haruki and Shisui both exchanged fearful smiles as they both hoisted their children up into their arms, bowing apologetically to their guest, who looked rather amused.

"Excuse us, Baka-san- I mean, Baki-s- you know what, I'll just leave before I make things worse," fumbled Shisui, earning a deathly glare from his wife as he held Mamoru and Sora under his arms. "Catch us up, Haru-chan!"

"I am so sorry," apologised Haruki profusely, going red in the face as Shisui shot off ahead with two out of four of the children.

"It's fine. Having so many children does that sometimes."